jog pendant for GRBL/UNO with continuous jog?

Thread: jog pendant for GRBL/UNO with continuous jog?

Downloads
    Uploads

Default jog pendant for GRBL/UNO with continuous jog?

Has anyone made a good jog pendant that will work with GRBL 1.1 on an UNO using UGS?
    Looking for a way to jog that is better than available on UGS. Something like hold down a button until the axis gets close to where you want then
    letting go stops that axis. Then tap tap tap(on that button) the axis into position.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: jog pendant for GRBL/UNO with continuous jog?

If you connect GRBL using a network (WiFi) to serial converter, you then can connect as many GCode senders as you want all communicating to the same network address (GRBL controller). You then can use a simple ESP8266 processor to do send the jog commands independant of the GCode sender. I have connected my GRBL controllers using WiFi and have plans for next year to make a (simple) pendant for GRBL.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by hfjbuis View Post
    If you connect GRBL using a network (WiFi) to serial converter, you then can connect as many GCode senders as you want all communicating to the same network address (GRBL controller). You then can use a simple ESP8266 processor to do send the jog commands independant of the GCode sender. I have connected my GRBL controllers using WiFi and have plans for next year to make a (simple) pendant for GRBL.
    Does that open you up to more interference?

Downloads
    Uploads

Does that open you up to more interference?
    A WiFi connection is more reliable than a USB or Bluetooth connection. No physical connection means no ground loops and your computer will not be damaged if your controller board breaks down. You can use a cheap local WiFi acces point to make that WiFi network nearby the controller and computer. I even doesn't need an internet connection.