Question about jogging in UGS Ya I know this is the arduino board

Thread: Question about jogging in UGS Ya I know this is the arduino board

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Question about jogging in UGS Ya I know this is the arduino board

I am just beginning to set up an arduino/GRBL1.1/UGS router project and was playing around with the UGS jog function. I only have my z axis set up currently.
    The question I have is, is there a way to jog in UGS in a continuous mode rather than a step mode?
    Some way to make it move when I push a button and stop when I release the button?
    It is a pain to constantly have to change the jog distance and only jog one distance at a time.
    Thanks

Similar Threads:

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Question about jogging in UGS Ya I know this is the arduino board

is there a way to jog in UGS in a continuous mode rather than a step mode?
    GRBL doesn't have a constant speed command. You could do it in UGS by setting the requested speed, jog a long distance and hit the stop button when you are done.

I have programmed continues move by keeping the buffer filled with move commands but that is only helpful when you program your own GUI.

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: Question about jogging in UGS Ya I know this is the arduino board

Maybe some other G-code sender, GRBL newer will jog smoothly, but other sender programs handle things better than others. GRBL panel keeps queue short when doing jogging, combined with wireless number bad it works really well.