Downloads
    Uploads

Question New build. Can't get Stepper Motor to Work with G-code Sender

Nema23 - 23HS7628
    TB6600
    Arduino Mega 2560
    Screw Board
    36v PSU

New build. Can't get Stepper Motor to Work with G-code Sender-wiring-diagramtb6600-jpg

All cheap Chinese stuff. I'm a newbie. I installed the 2560 version of GRBL (https://github.com/gnea/grbl-Mega).

Volt meter is at home (building at parents place), and I have not yet adjusted the voltage using that screw so I have no idea what it's set to until I get it. Should still work if it's set under 36v, though.

Changed baud rate in device manager to 115200 and it's recognized by G-code Sender now. It was not recognized at lower rates. Getting the "Grbl 1.1f ['$' for help]" message.

Working position and machine position are all at 0. All $ variables are at default I believe. Getting no response when using arrow keys or clicking machine controls.

I've tried hitting reset on my Arduino, and uploading GRBL again. It looks like both the red and green LED are lit on the driver (attached picture).

Any idea what I could try? I think I would probably help to get volt meter before I keep going. What exactly would I be measuring to troubleshoot?

EDIT: forgot enable wire in picture.

Similar Threads:
    Attached Images Attached Images

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New build. Can't get Stepper Motor to Work with G-code Sender

I got it to do something by directing +5v from the Arduino to the DIR and PUL +5v terminals on the driver and the negatives from the driver to D6 and D7. There seems to be multiple ways to wire this according to what you follow. No idea if the cheap chinese crap is different or all TB6600s. attached diagram is wrong. If wired the new way only the red LED on the driver lights up and green is off and the motor reacts, but not necessarily in the way I want it. It seems to go back and forth even though I'm only jogging in one direction. But how do I change GRBL to not use D2 and D7 for Pulse and Direction, but D6 and D7 instead? My driver errors out when configured with 2 and 7, which is the way most people have it according to this layout... https://i2.wp.com/blog.protoneer.co....Pin_Layout.png

Registered
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default Re: New build. Can't get Stepper Motor to Work with G-code Sender

Figured it out. Arduino Mega 2560 does not use 2-4 and 5-7 pin for the axes. uses 24-26 and 30-32. Also, the Chinese drivers I got seemed to have the right color wires (blue, yellow, green, red) and even in the right order, but internally the middle two wires were switched. Double check you're using the right ones, and don't go off of any colors from any diagram you see. Hold an LED to two of them and turn the motor. if it lights up, it's a pair. Or just hold the wires together without one. If it gets harder to spin it's a pair.