PDA

View Full Version : Accel Step Rate Hz Setting

Sanghera
04-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Hi,
I was just wondering if anyone has any steps to get the best possible settings for accel rates, step rates etc. How do you go through the process so that you know your settings are correct and you get the full potential of your motors.
Thanks. :)

Sanghera
04-16-2005, 09:28 PM
I have settings to make my motor move, it is working, but I'm not sure if they are moving to full potential.
Thanks again. :)

Monte
04-29-2005, 11:22 PM
I have settings to make my motor move, it is working, but I'm not sure if they are moving to full potential.
Thanks again. :)

Do you have a Yahoo Groups account? Go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/turbocnc/messages and search for accelerr.cnc . If you have an account, in the files section is that file, which is a small program that can help you set your accel rate.

Monte

Bubba
04-30-2005, 08:10 AM
Sanghera,
The above advise is good for steppers, IF you have servos and assuming TurboCnc;
Set your max speed based on the information suggested by Mariss (80% of max rpm of the motor)
Set a fairly low starting speed
Set a reasonable acceleration rate
Test it!
Increase the acceleration rate and test (repeat until the drive faults out and then back off)
To do this, I wrote a small g-code program that increased the acceleration rate in 10 IPM increments and traveled the length of the axis being tested and back again. It will then increase the acceleration and do it again. You will know when it faults as the motion will STOP:)
After I get EACH axis setup, then I run a test program that will exercise all axis simultaneously, this will check to see if your power supply has enough guts to run everthing and not preform as intended. Again, it starts with a slow feed rate and increments the feed rate up to maximum. I set up a dial test gage to check the repeatability of some refrence point.