PDA

View Full Version : Problem Cut 2D makes strange toolpaths

Super Coffee
02-06-2010, 07:42 PM
I am running a trial of Cut 2D, but before I buy it, I must solve one problem.
When I generate a toolpath output for Mach3 using the built in preset for Mach3, the toolpath has random circles outside of the part. The circles appear purple in Mach 3, but it still cuts them anyway! It totally ruins the part. I am not sure if this is a Mach3 issue, or a cut 2D issue. I would assume that it is related to Cut 2D, because the circles seem to be included in the code? I can include pictures if needed and other information. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this just an esoteric issue?

EBC
02-06-2010, 08:39 PM
When I generate a toolpath output for Mach3 using the built in preset for Mach3, the toolpath has random circles outside of the part. The circles appear purple in Mach 3, but it still cuts them anyway! It totally ruins the part. I am not sure if this is a Mach3 issue, or a cut 2D issue. I would assume that it is related to Cut 2D, because the circles seem to be included in the code? I can include pictures if needed and other information. Has anyone else experienced this, or is this just an esoteric issue?

easy fix so...

post in the vectric forum under cut 2d section
http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=18

Gene Crain
www.plantasymaderas.com

ger21
02-06-2010, 10:41 PM
Change your IJ mode in Mach3.

Tony Mac
02-07-2010, 06:59 AM

Hi,

This is a simple setup issue in Mach3 and just to expand on
Gerry's reply - see the attached image that shows the Config form.

Also see the post on the Vectric Forum > (http://www.vectric.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=22972#p22972)

If you need further assistance email support at vectric dot com

Tony