PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! CUT2D with Torch

mikie
02-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Tony and co,

Is there a simple way of being able to generate GCode output for a designed part, which will allow a plasma torch to be enabled (torch on) just prior to the start of a move and once this move is complete, switch off again (torch off), repeating until the job is complete.

** The plasma is 3 phase and there is a requirement to have the z-axis usable for other work. Trying to pre-empt replies asking why not leave the torch on for the entire job.

My initial thought, is there a post processor which will add M3 & M5 commands (which will be read as torch on and off respectively) for CUT2D to do this?

or

Should I just write a script which looks for Z2.0 and Z5.0 (these will be heights for cutting and moving to the next sequence to cut) and replace this with something like:

Z2.0M3 & Z5.0M5

which would allow me to achieve what i'm trying to do (messy way of having to do it but better than doing it for the entire code)

cheers
Michael

voltsandbolts
05-14-2010, 12:56 PM
Can you add a switch to your Z axis to turn on the plasma when Z is down, and then raise Z to turn it off?