PDA

View Full Version : Have Joes 2006 and need a movable table for it

henrydavis
01-26-2010, 02:57 PM
I recently purchased a Joes 2006 off another forum member and need to make a table for it. It will be housed in my garage, out of the way when not in use, and will need to be on wheels. My cutting jobs are going to be very basic and I don't mind the machine running slow so I can minimize any table shake due to being on wheels. I was wondering if you guys with wheeled tables (or any tables to get ideas) could post some pictures of your setup to get me an idea of how to build mine? I'm not very good making up designs on my own but if I have something to look at it makes it a lot easier for me to get it right. I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Also, as a side question, anyone with an MDF router in your garage unpainted? The one I purchased is bare MDF and was kept in a basement but mine needs to be out in the garage. Taking this thing apart to paint it seems like it's going to be a bear of a job and I was wondering how well an unpainted one would hold up to Ohio weather?

Thanks.

PhillyCyberJoe
01-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Hey Henrydavis,
My Joe's 2006 is on a table with wheels. As I have posted before, it does shake at high speeds but I'm working to correct that. If I had to do it all over again and start from scratch with building the table, I would have used the trailer jacks with wheels like Joe has designed on the Hybrid. I'll probably go that way myself, except that its quite a bit harder after everything is done and in place.

With the trailer jacks, you can have it firmly planted on the garage/workshop floor when running and then just jack it up and move it way when not in use.

As far as the unpainted MDF, my guess is that you should do whatever you can to get that sealed somehow. If you get wild humidity swings like we do in this area, it could play havoc with you machine. It will be harder painting it now that its built, but I would say that it will be well worth the effort.

I hope that helps and good luck,
Joe