PDA

View Full Version : Problem with pocket

lovebugjunkie
01-24-2010, 05:36 PM
While cutting a pocket in a project I am noticing a problem at the 12, 3, 6 and 9 positions. It seems to “expand” as the pocket cuts from the inside to the outside. Tried 40 to 10 imp and a cut depth between .1 and .02 always I get the same result.

I can see the stepper motor make quick short movements inside the areas mentioned. The 12 and the 6 positions seem to be worse, as far as seeing “bit dings”

Going to do some testing but thought I would post this to see if anyone has ever had this happen to them.

A few things I have already noticed. I only get the strange action inside the mentioned positions. Between positions it is very smooth. The rope and emblem was done with a rough pass using a 1/4ball nose with a finish cut with 1/16 ball nose, which came out fine. I also engraved some test after I took the picture that passed over the 12 and 6 positions with no problems

I checked the router for loose belts, connections etc and could find no problems, and since the rope, emblem, text came out ok I don’t “think” it is a hardware problem.

And suggestions as what may be causing this would be appreciated.

Thanks
George
http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l194/lovebugjunkie/Capture.png

Khalid
01-25-2010, 04:21 AM
Do you have installed the Anti-backlash nuts on X and Y-axis?!!!.. Seems backlash problem...

ger21
01-25-2010, 07:25 AM
Do you have backlash compensation enabled? If so, try turning it off.

lovebugjunkie
01-26-2010, 08:18 PM
Gerry and Khalid I did have backlash enable turned it off. When that did not correct it I looked a little further

Thanks for your suggestions

My problem ended up being the post processor I was using.