PDA

View Full Version : Soft stop alarm

kayleesdad
04-06-2005, 09:24 AM
OK, I guess you would call me a newby. My CNC experience has been limited to Motoman robots and the last time I worked with one was 1995. After 13 years, the facility I was working at shut down and moved to Europe and China. I am now currently employed with a military contractor working with CNC milling and lathe machines with the majority being Fanuc systems. I have relied on the internet to get me up to speed and have to say I love this site! A earlier post helped me resolve a problem but now I am faced with another. I am getting a OT001 x +over travel (soft 1) alarm on the table X axis of a Takisawa MAC-V2E milling machine (Fanuc System 10). I'm guessing this is a stop position parameter for the X-axis travel issue. There is a limit switch at the end of stroke but it never makes it that far. Is this a parameter setting issue? How do I determine which parameter setting is responsible and access that part of the program to resolve it?

psychomill
04-06-2005, 12:41 PM
Parameter soft limit is what it sounds like. I don't know for sure on a 10M. But on a 16/18/21, its parameter 1320 and 1321 for + and - .

kayleesdad
04-06-2005, 02:02 PM
Thanks for the feedback, I'm still trying to get some referencing information to make sure I have the correct line #'s. It sucks not having the documentation I need.

kayleesdad
04-06-2005, 02:16 PM
I can't say enough about this site, thanks for the feedback. Hopefully one day through the use of this site and some hands on knowledge, I will be able to help out another newby one day.
I found some loose hardware with the motor and ball screw shaft and after tightening,and physically re-homed the machine. A tech emailed me these instructions to turn off the soft limit until I homed out the axis:
Power up the control holding in "_" and "." keys.
You will get a IPL screen
Press "4" Input
Key in "N" when asked "Check soft OT at power on?"
Key in "6" input to end IPL mode
My problem appears to have been solved

psychomill
04-06-2005, 03:22 PM
Good that you got it fixed. One thing to remember that I should have mentioned... Always do a physical (check the mechanics and components) before changing parameters.

kayleesdad
04-06-2005, 05:26 PM
I have learned A LOT today, thanks to all, great site! :cheers:

gibbsman
04-08-2005, 10:26 PM
In this case it wasn't so, but sometimes chips can get around the switches and can give an overtravel alarm as well.