PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Dynatorch Programing

chapped76balls
01-03-2010, 10:40 AM
Is the Dynatorch programing/equipment that is sent with their tables proprietary? Are there any companies out there that will sell you a gantry system, table schematics etc. that does not have propretary programing/equipment sold with it?
Thanks
Rick

LeonD
01-04-2010, 03:58 PM
By programming I assume you mean the cutting files.
All cutting files use industry standard G code. No special hidden or encrypted files. All of the G and M codes used on the machine are listed in the help along with detailed explanations as to syntax and options as well as what they do. Most CAM programs for nesting have a post for Dynatorch. (MTC, Wecim, Sheetcam, Bob-cam ...etc).

As with all other standard nesting or CAM programs, the files are usually brough in as DXF (drawing exchange format) and output as G code. A G- code converter is buit in but does not take care of offset or lead-ins.

Mike Ray
01-08-2010, 02:17 PM
Rick - Leon Would know this as he is part of the DT Team.

I use the DT program and their tag along software Plasmamate ALL the time to Draw plates and cutouts right at the table.

I do the work in Plasmamate (It does font based letters great as well) then open it up the DT software and select "convert dxf to g-code" then run the file.

This is not full blown CAD/CAM like We-Cim but it is pretty nice to have to get those brackets and flanges built on the fly.

CoolHand
02-02-2010, 02:01 AM
I gotta put in a plug for SheetCAM.

It's fairly easy to use, does the job right, and is cheap to boot (~$175).

SheetCAM TNG also comes with a post for the Dynatorch machines already installed.

It will add the lead-ins and lead-outs for you, take care of offsetting for kerf width, group the cuts any way you like, and do rudimentary nesting on your sheet.

I like it for the plasma. It ain't MasterCAM obviously, but it is worth every bit of what you pay for it.