PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! ____need help for surfcam lathe____

zicaned
01-03-2010, 08:58 AM
hi guys i am a newcomer, so i am sorry if i make any mistakes,

i am mechanical engineering student and i have a project which involves surfcam. i have managed to make milling operations, its cool. but i have no educational document and i couldnt find anything on the internet about lathe operations. but i mean really cool stuff not two pages of document telling how surfcam performs in lathe, i need something which shows all the lathe prosses from the drawing to cutting the part of. so if you can sent me documents or links about lathe it would be great. i have to say again i found lots of useless broshure or stuff like that what i need is a proper educational document about lathe.

i am sorry for my bad english also :)

camaru
01-03-2010, 04:04 PM
the design part of lathe is the same as milling, only 1/2 of a turned part is required. if you press help, contents, choose surfcam menus, lathe its all there.

zicaned
01-03-2010, 04:22 PM
thanx for the replie, but i already know that. the thing is i want to see the whole operation from drawing to cut of ofcourse there are usefull tips there but not enought for me. but again thanx for the reply, i have been waiting for one all day :)

JLcustoms
01-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Im assuming that since you have done milling operations you understand how to create geometry using surfcam. So when u get your part you need turned on the lathe, you create half the geometry in surfcam, BUT before you do this you need to change your axis system to either lathe diameter or radius, you need to know how your machine reads the G and M code to know which you should use.

After this you create your tool paths, be sure that your tooling choice matches your cutting choice, IE, OD turn operation needs and OD turn tool, a back face tool will not produce your tool path.

Lathe takes more time and practice to understand, and can be more difficult than milling operations.

There is a book we use at school, im not sure if you can get your hands on it or not, but it is all about surfcam programming, from Milling multiple axis to lathe programming. Its called Surfcam-Velocity Series.

If you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask