PDA

View Full Version : Missouri

jdebuck
04-01-2005, 06:06 PM
I am looking for others in the St. Louis area that are either currently running or building a CNC machine. I consider myself only an apprentice with lots to learn from an experienced mentor (Professional or hobbyist). I am also willing to help anyone in anyway I can...I own a 9X20 Enco lathe, a Grizzly 3617 mill, a table saw, a radial arm saw, a bandsaw and a mig welder. I also have a CNC router in aluminum that is under construction.

pminmo
04-02-2005, 08:45 PM
jdebuck,
I'm in St. Peters. There is another user here also in St. Peters, motomitch. I also have a friend in St. Charles that has built a cnc router, he's the one that got me interested.

Phil

2muchstuff
04-02-2005, 08:55 PM
jdebuck, I think I'm one town north of you, Arnold. Still amassing parts for the router and getting closer every week.

jdebuck
04-02-2005, 11:10 PM
It sounds like we are all relatively close to each other...If anybody needs any help or just wants to share ideas let me know. Just send me an email with a way to get a hold of you and l like I said in my post...I do have some specialty tools that may be of help with your project too if you dont have access to any or own them yourselves and you have the need to use them. I hope that there are many others local too...it might be kinda cool to start a St. Louis CNC Club of sorts, to have meetings, help each other w/projects or machines, BBQ's, etc. if enough people were interested in doing something like that. I will look forward to hearing from you guys and again, thanks for the replies...

I do hope that this new forum takes off and does just what I had hoped for it to do...
:cheers:

Jeff

Are any of you guys going to or thinking about going to the CNC WORKSHOP in IL this year?

pminmo
04-03-2005, 11:12 AM
what cnc workshop?

Phil

jdebuck
04-03-2005, 11:37 AM
what cnc workshop?

Phil

Check it out here...

http://www.cnc-workshop.com/index.html

Sounds like there will be lots to see and do there...Mapquest shows it to be 250 miles from Imperial, 3 1/2 hour or so drive away.

jdebuck
04-03-2005, 11:46 AM
jdebuck, I think I'm one town north of you, Arnold. Still amassing parts for the router and getting closer every week.

2muchstuff,

What are you still trying to get? Someone here local may have some extra pieces or possibly know of a good (read reasonable) place to help you aquire them.

Jeff

2muchstuff
04-03-2005, 04:10 PM
jdebuck,

The major mechanical stuff that I still need are as follows:

2- 56" THK type linear rails w/bearings (y axis)
2- THK type linear rails w/bearings (z axis)
assorted MXL or XL timing belts and pulleys
16 diametral pitch rack and pinions
3- drivers
and possibly a stepper motor for the z-axis

The motor I have and may use for the z-axis is a:

Japan Servo Co.
type:KP8BM3-001
3 volt
2.5 degree

srofzam has one identical to it in the classifieds here. I have e-mailed the co. for torque specs, but have yet to hear back from them. Other wise I may be able to trade a piece of equipment that I have for a SLO-SYN with a 350 oz. rating, don't know yet.

Do to the size of this contraption, I have decieded to go with stepper motors, belted down to drive a rack and pinion.

ynneb
04-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Well if you guys are close 2gether you should all arrange to meet.
I have had two BBQs now where we all met together.
It is a great time to swap ideas, show each other what you are doing, etc.

Our last BBQ we had 8 zone members arrive. It makes a good local network.

2muchstuff
04-03-2005, 11:36 PM
Hey guys, just found this on the IKO site. IKO will be at an Automation and Assembly Summit, April 19'th and 20'th 2005 at the Sheraton Westport, booth #27. I have no clue what it is all about, but if there are booths, it must be some kind of convention thing. If anything it is central to the three of us.

jdebuck
04-03-2005, 11:54 PM
Hey guys, just found this on the IKO site. IKO will be at an Automation and Assembly Summit, April 19'th and 20'th 2005 at the Sheraton Westport, booth #27. I have no clue what it is all about, but if there are booths, it must be some kind of convention thing. If anything it is central to the three of us.

2muchstuff,

I did a search and came up with this pdf entry form. It looks like there is a charge for everything except the exhibits. Being that is on a Tues & Wed during regular business hours I would imagine...are you able to go during the day? I am fortunate enough to work from home, so I may be able to attend. Let me know if you plan on going...

Jeff

2muchstuff
04-04-2005, 12:21 AM
jdebuck,

I work just down the street from there. I may be able to come up with a break in between service calls to head over there or I might be at the shop, I don't know as of yet. The schedule could change at a moments notice if an emergency came up. Besides all I would probably have time for would be the exhibits.

jdebuck
04-11-2005, 11:29 AM
Certainly there must be more than the three of us so far here in the St. Louis area reading these forums...I'm surprised there hasn't been more replies.

2muchstuff
04-23-2005, 02:32 AM
Did anybody make it to the summit at Westport this week.

warpedmephisto
05-22-2005, 11:03 AM
Not exactly in Missouri, but I am on the Illinois side in Columbia. I have a Taig CNC mill on order and am just waiting for it to get in.

jester69
05-22-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi all, Since warped bumped the thread & I saw it, I thought i'd chime in. I'm new to machining, but understand tight tolerances from building several motors. Main hobby is old VW's which is what got me interested in CNC. I want to make custom parts nobody else has :)

Anyway, I am a linux/computer expert type guy, but very new to machining. Maybe if somebody near stl is an experienced machinist but new to electronics/computers we could help each other?

I bought a secondhand smithy I am planning to convert to CNC.

take care,

Jester

EDIT: I live 1 mile outside the stl. city limits.

2muchstuff
05-22-2005, 08:25 PM
warpedmephisto and jester69,
Welcome to the forum.

jderou
05-23-2005, 11:01 AM
I am in Ste. Genevieve. I have a homebuilt 2' x 2' router, and tomorrow will have a Bridgeport Series I CNC Mill.

blinton
05-25-2005, 03:37 PM
i run and program 2 cnc lasers,2 amadas turret presses, 1 northwood router,1 biesse point to point, and 1 schelling saw. I am located in Fenton,mo

pminmo
05-25-2005, 05:02 PM
Hey we might be close to getting enough folks together for a meeting. We're from all over the metro STL area, St. Charles, Fenton, St. Genevive, City, County, Columbia IL. Finding a central meeting spot migh be a tuffie.

Phil

2muchstuff
05-25-2005, 11:58 PM
So far there are five of us south, one north and one ?

jester69: Could you be a little more specific as to your location.

blinton
05-26-2005, 07:46 AM
anytime gentleman

pminmo
05-26-2005, 05:13 PM
3 in St. Charles.

Phil

strat
05-26-2005, 09:50 PM
hi guys not in missouri anymore originally from K.C. miss the blues ,booze and BBQ from there did alot of work down in St. Louis car dealers stores investment firms i put VSAT systems all over down there just wanted to say hey and good luck
P.S. been many years but anyone ever make it over to PT'S :D
not even sure if/when it closed but it was there in early 90's

jderou
05-26-2005, 11:53 PM
PT's is still their :)

2muchstuff
05-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Thanks jester69 we'll put you down as south.

So far there are:

6-south
1-north

pminmo,

Who are the other two besides yourself that are up north.

pminmo
05-27-2005, 06:22 PM
A buddy who designed and built his own machine and started this group back in 1999:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/cnchobbyist/
Also,
motomitch1 is also listed as St. Peters, haven't seen any activity from him for a while.

Phil

motomitch1
06-16-2005, 11:10 PM
Just checking in, I moved from st peters to ofallon mo. :wave:

2muchstuff
06-17-2005, 02:27 PM
Trying to get further away from us, eh.

Gcode
08-11-2005, 11:28 AM
Hey there everyone,
I too am from St. Louis, MO. I work with a couple of different comapnies in the area if anyone is looking for CNC work. Please feel free to send me an email. I look forward to interacting with everyone.
Thank you,

pminmo
08-11-2005, 05:53 PM
Welcome Gcode.

pminmo
08-11-2005, 05:54 PM
welcome gcode

Gcode
08-25-2005, 10:22 AM
Hello all, sorry it has been a while; I just wanted to see how everyone is doing. There is not a lot of interaction on this thread?

pminmo
08-25-2005, 04:56 PM
Yup,
Keeping up with my website is taking most of my time. Would like for us all to try to get together when the weather cools down.

Phil

jdebuck
08-30-2005, 05:07 AM
Hello Everyone! I haven't been online in ages...job, kids, house, hobbies, : )

I think that all of us getting together somewhere when it cools down a bit is a great idea, I hope it works out.

2muchstuff
08-30-2005, 05:01 PM
I've been busy here at work and the home computer isn't behaving itself. Lately time at home has been spent working on another model boat for the regatta. If something is going to planned, please don't plan it for the weekend of September 17 and 18. I will be at Union Station's pond playing with my toy boats and a hundred others, the regatta.

Gcode
09-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Greetings all,
If anyone is currently seeking, or knows someone seeking CNC career opportunities in the St. Louis area please let me know. I have entry level positions, as well as advanced positions.
Thank you,

pminmo
09-06-2005, 04:57 PM
Met with Motomitch Sunday afternoon to pickup a stepper. He showed me his HF round column mill conversion. Pretty impressive!

pminmo
01-12-2006, 11:22 PM
How's all the show me state guys doin?

2muchstuff
01-13-2006, 09:15 AM
Still here, trying to recoup from the wife's christmas spending spree. Until I get those issues straightened out, the router project is off line. I will be going to the Woodworkers show in Feb. though.

warpedmephisto
04-10-2006, 01:24 AM
How are all of the St. Louis area people doing? Any newcomers?

I've finally got a decent shop set up and am looking at getting a larger (probably manual) mill.

This thread has been pretty quiet lately - lets get some talk goin!

blinton
04-10-2006, 10:09 AM
still kicking here in Fenton

kipdidit
09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
Any STL users still using this thread? I'm looking at building my first CNC project ( a small lathe) and have a billion questions.

pminmo
09-07-2006, 10:32 PM
Sure, how can we help?

warpedmephisto
09-07-2006, 10:48 PM
Yep, I'm still here and kicking. What project do you have going on?

kipdidit
09-08-2006, 02:07 AM
I guess I need to start with some CNC for dummies reading. I have no experience with the electronics (steppers, controlers,etc.). I do own two 177 oz steppers, a power supply, and a controler. would like to get them working on a table top before I start modifing my maxi-mat 7 lathe. Any help on getting a quick understanding of the dynamics of design would be a big help.

t.park
09-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I live in Pevely,

Been involved in cnc machinning of arostructure since '85.

Mainly 5 axis mills.

Don't have a shop of my own but looking forward to maybe building one after
I get the kids through school.

jackfisher
09-20-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm in St. Louis City and just finished converting one of my Bridgeport mills to cnc but I'm having a hell of a time trying to get EMC to run on Linux. I just started yesterday running the mill on Mach 2 mill and today trying to get Mach 3 to work but I'm pulling my hair out now.

I'd love to have some contact from some of the other members in the area, I'm sure that every one else will have more experience than me at this.

Thanks and I hope some of you guys will contact me.

Jack Fisher

pminmo
09-20-2006, 03:48 PM
Hi guys,
I'm in St. Peters, let me know if I can be of assistance in the electronics/electrical and maybe I can glean some machining knowledge in return.

blinton
09-20-2006, 04:00 PM
i program mostly turrets and lasers i work in Fenton

Shawn Lucas
10-01-2006, 04:44 PM
I am from southwestern missouri. New here, but glad to see my state represented. Anyone else from my neck of the woods?

Shawn

rhost
10-19-2006, 08:45 PM
Im in Springfield, Im saving for a 4 axis conversion on a Grizzly 9x49 bridgeport series 1 clone.

omegaghost
12-02-2006, 03:04 PM
hello fellers i live in hannibal MO. hope to see somthing going on in here

MuchMach
02-20-2007, 05:18 PM
I've just joined the site. I think it is great !!! I see there is a lot of people in the STL area. Anyone in KC - MO or KS does not matter.

CNCTerry
06-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Just found this link and wanted to say Hello to all here in the St. Louis metro area. I made my first machine a year ago and rebuilding it now. I want to make it better, stronger, faster ....

Sounds like we have some good CNCing going on here. Feel free to send me a message and keep in touch with the locals.

CNCTerry

Laser.Tech
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Add one FESTUS redneck technician to the roles!:cheers:

Brent

blinton
07-02-2007, 09:27 AM
welcome festus man you make your own laser or do you work with one of the big ones?

Laser.Tech
07-03-2007, 06:00 AM
Hi blinton! I've done both. Professionally I work on the big ones (500-5000 watt CO2s and YAGs), and I have built a couple home units (just the laser, not cnc). Right now I'm doing research for a cnc router, mill, and lathe. Maybe someday I'll throw together another laser and cnc it, but it's not on my list right now.

Brent

blinton
07-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Hi blinton! I've done both. Professionally I work on the big ones (500-5000 watt CO2s and YAGs), and I have built a couple home units (just the laser, not cnc). Right now I'm doing research for a cnc router, mill, and lathe. Maybe someday I'll throw together another laser and cnc it, but it's not on my list right now.

Brent

i also program a cnc router a big ole northwood good machine

vebers
07-03-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi fellas I run a small machine shop just outside of Wellsville MO, its a little berg about 10 miles north of 70 on hwy19 about half way between St Charles and Columbia. I have retrofited an old bridgeport BTC. It works nice but in the original retro I didn't use the tool changer. My next project is to put the tool changer back in the system. I used Mach 3 for control and I am planning on using cubloc with modbus for the extended I/O. I would love to have a forum to meet with some of you fellas and pick your brains. I am strong on mechanics, and slow with electronics. For this project it looks like I am going to have to learn a little VB as will. Have a great day!

Vince

Horsedorf
09-17-2007, 02:21 PM
South central MO here. Been slowly putting together a cnc engraver to make artsy stuff with and possibly do some pcb routing with. near Houston Missouri. embedded software engineer by trade, electrical engineer by necessity, welder and machinist by choice. :) Now to get 'em all munged together, somehow!!

2bitwhore
10-25-2007, 10:46 AM
im live in brekenridge hills.
at work i get to play with some big machines:
deko maho 80............. 4 axis mill
deko maho 125........... 4 axis mill this is huge
leblonde makino 178.... 3 axis mill with pallet changer this thing is MASSIVE
daewoo dvc 400.......... 3 axis mill with pallet changer

at home im attempting to build a router (for starters.) these are the plans im using http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx

i hope to own a shop of my own someday

Horsedorf
10-25-2007, 11:35 AM
im live in brekenridge hills.
at work i get to play with some big machines:
deko maho 80............. 4 axis mill
deko maho 125........... 4 axis mill this is huge
leblonde makino 178.... 3 axis mill with pallet changer this thing is MASSIVE
daewoo dvc 400.......... 3 axis mill with pallet changer

at home im attempting to build a router (for starters.) these are the plans im using http://buildyourcnc.com/default.aspx

i hope to own a shop of my own someday

Right on! I pass through STL every now and then on my way home from indianapolis where I work (UGH!). Have you gotten much done on your cnc router table yet? I've been putting my cnc engraver table together, VERY slowly as time permits. So far I have two axes mounted and have been pondering my Z axis.. I've *FINALLY* decided to just mount a roto zip tool to the z axis, though I still have to get a z axis mechanism figured out.

Nope, i didn't start with any kind of design, just.. sort of.. a vague notion of what i wanted it to look like when i was done and scrounged parts fo r a few years, and now I'm putting them together. It's been fun, and perhaps I'll have to post pictures of it some day.

goldsmith
11-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I have a cousin who would be interested in entry level CNC position, but has no experience yet. He is older and has a family, he is very dependable.

You can email me a
goldsmith@ezl.com
or
tlbdiamonds@sbcglobal.net

Thanks Terry

goldsmith
11-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Is there a mentor on the East side of St. Louis, in Illinois ????

Terry
goldsmith@ezl.com

Horsedorf
02-08-2008, 10:13 AM
*pokes at the forum with a stick and stands back to see what happens*

blinton
01-29-2009, 12:16 PM
CMON MULES WE ARE SILENT NOW :)

Shawn Lucas
02-01-2009, 11:05 PM
Call back from southwestern Mo.

traveler
02-02-2009, 11:14 AM
I live in the Columbia area of MO. Have a lathe, Bridgeport, Hydrulic surface grinder,yada yada. The machine I use almost every day is my CNC plasma table. I built it 6 or 7 years ago and is a constant state of upgrade. I'm interested in changing to Mach 3 for a control program and seem to need help in that area. I would like to retrofit a vertical mill and or lathe but the cutting program I use on the plasma table is not compatable with other needs

pminmo
04-14-2009, 07:11 PM
Ok folks,
A "Gathering" for us "addicts" to all things CNC at the Sachs Branch of the St. Louis County Library - the one just west of the Chesterfield Mall - on Wednesday, May 20th is reserved at 7:00PM to 9PM. Hope to see you there!

revwarguy
04-15-2009, 11:53 AM
I'll be there. I'm a newbie to CNC, so I am anxious to talk with anyone who knows what they are doing! My router table build is at

http://www.liming.org/cnc

Anyone else in St. Louis operating a swell DIY router table?

Thanks

jderou
04-15-2009, 12:18 PM
It's been a while since I chimed in on here, but I'm still in Southeast MO
I was an addict, but since my day job has been the same as my hobby for the past couple years, I am burnt out. I sold my homebrew router already, now my BP boss is for sale. Since you guys are all local, maybe you know someone interested? It would be great if it went to someone on here!
I'm sure in a few years (maybe after the kids grow up a bit) I will be back into it, but I need a break.

warpedmephisto
04-16-2009, 12:03 AM
jderou - saw your machine on Craigslist. Nice looking hunk of iron and if I had the spare cash right now I'd seriously think about it.

I hardly do any work in my little home shop anymore as I have free access to all the nice, big machines at work. I will see if I have some free time in late May and come out and shoot the breeze with you fellas. This semester will be over by then, so I'll actually have time to take a breath in between projects and classes. :)

pminmo
04-28-2009, 07:45 PM
Flyer attached if anybody in the area has a place to post it. Gateway, Rockler, Woodcraft and St. Charles Hardwoods are covered.

revwarguy
05-05-2009, 11:13 AM
PMinMO wrote:
"Flyer attached if anybody in the area has a place to post it. Gateway, Rockler, Woodcraft and St. Charles Hardwoods are covered."

Actually, Rockler isn't covered because they wouldn't let us post anything! The only place in town that sells a entry level CNC machine, and they wouldn't do anything for us. :confused:

I also asked them how many of their "Shark" CNC machines they sold around here, and after not wanting to answer, they admitted to about 4 in total, but no way of knowing if those were commercial buyers or not.

Looking forward to meeting some of you StL CNC'ers. I wonder how many their are?

revwarguy
05-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Don't forget - this Wednesday night there is a meeting of CNC interested folks at Sachs Branch of the St. Louis County Library at 7:00 PM. This is an organizational meeting and a chance to meet other like minded CNCer's.

pminmo
05-18-2009, 03:29 PM
I'll be there..........

Musick7
05-18-2009, 04:06 PM
Hey everyone
Is there anyone in Springfield MO? I'm new to CNC world, and I am attempting to build my own CNC Mill... or Router? I've been using a JET knee Mill for Face Milling, drilling, and so on. I built my Bearing Holders for my project with a PROLIGHT 1000 Desktop Mill. I use MasterCam X3 to design. I am just learning all of this but I've come along ways in the past 3 months. Here are some Pictures of what I have done so far... I am afraid I am going to need to Redo theses... I wish I had someone who knew someone who has experience in this Field. Maybe someone who wants to build a high quality machine but doesn't have access to any Mills but knows what to do and how to do it correctly. Maybe we can Help Each other here..... PM me if you like or post.
I'll be watching here
Thanks everyone

pminmo
07-10-2009, 09:24 PM
We're in the planning stages for a 2nd CNCsigSTL meeting sometime in August. Looking at the Gashouse Grill on Olive, about 1 mile west of 270. If you want added to the mailing list, send an email to:

CHADD
07-17-2009, 03:22 PM
Been lurking around for awhile now, planning on building my first CNC router here shortly. Just got finished building a 3D Scanner, need to upgrade some parts. But, at least I know it works now.

Currently a 3D designer
Love to modify cars on the side
Always had love for CNC machines, just never got a job doing it.

Currently in Saint Charles area, and work in downtown Saint Louis. Would love to see other DIY machines.

pminmo
07-17-2009, 03:30 PM
Chadd, I'm in St. Peters. PM me or send an email to the CNCsigSTL address in my prior post.

john1285
08-04-2009, 10:45 AM
I live in Arnold and have been machining model engines for years, but I would like to get into CNC but it all seems so confusing. I know that I can handle mechanical things its the electronic stuff that I have trouble with. Is there anyone in the St. Louis area that would be interested in helping a complete beginner get started in the conversion of my milling machine to CNC?

Thanks
Jack

pminmo
08-04-2009, 04:44 PM
Sure, PM me.

spjuenger
08-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Noobie here! Good to see some other people from the STL area on this forum. My father and I are looking at building a CNC Router. My father is a very good wood worker and I'm into computers (software and hardware), although the older I get the more I'm getting into wood working. I'm not sure if I just like building material things instead of virtual (software) or if I'm just trying to be more like dad! :) We have the plans for Joe's 4x4 hybrid, but we are still researching other kits. I just wanted to stop in and say hi to the STL folks.

pminmo
08-26-2009, 02:48 PM
Our next CNCsigSTL get together will be at the Gashouse Grill on Olive (north side of street near Mason Rd, in front of the AMC Theatre,west of I-270) at 7:00 PM on Thursday, September 3rd.

Any questions regarding the group, email cncsigstl@pminmo.com.
http://pminmo.com/gashouse.gif

spjuenger
08-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Phil,

I'm going to try to make the meeting. I live on the IL side though. I'm planning on starting my build next week. I bought the Solsylva 24x48 plans, but I'm leaning towards building the Joe 2006. Hope my jigsaw can handle a Joe build!

wriley
10-12-2009, 01:38 PM
Hi, it is nice to see some St Louis folks. I am in Lake St Louis and am finally getting started on a build. I will look into CNCsigSTL, it sounds like a good chance to share ideas.

rmcdowellbbi
11-03-2009, 11:43 PM
I am Rich McDowell. and new to this group. I am building my own CNC, and
modified a Unimat lathe by adding a Z axis post and motorizing it. I live in Florissant, Mo.

pminmo
01-13-2010, 05:56 PM
The next meeting of the St. Louis CNC Special Interest Group will be at our last location, the Gashouse Grill located at 12643 Olive Boulevard, Creve Coeur, (314) 542-5000.

It will be on January 27th (a Wednesday) and the meeting part will start at 7:00 but if you want to get something to eat, we'll start doing that about 6 or 6:30. We have the "side room" reserved for us. If you know you can't come, please let me know, as well as bring a new friend.

Also, please, bring some show and tell! This can be parts, materials, drawings, anything related to CNC. Also, be thinking about what you want from this group and where you would like to see it go.

Gary Liming is going to show us some parts of what he's been working on: www.liming.org/orrery

Mourik
02-07-2010, 11:16 PM
Hello,
It would be my luck to find this link right after you have a get together. I live near Lake St. Louis and have just recently began the task of putting together a cnc machine. To show that its a small world I was inspired by Gary Liming and his build. I had no clue he was from this neck of the woods. I had stumbled on his build page. I'm still trying to put together the things I need. Being a cabinetmaker by trade, I'm actually looking forward to the "Build" part. We will see when it comes to the electrical aspects.

Hope to get a chance to meet up and learn from all of you.

Quintin
07-17-2010, 12:20 AM
Hi

I am currently a mechanical engineering student at Mizzou

I would like to find someone in the columbia area to learn from/work for

I grew up here and know how to work, 126 hours/week isnt uncommon for me.

I have a little machine shop experience so I will work for free and when you think im providing something of use, I would be happy to have some gas money.

Please PM

Thanks

Quintin

DieHard007
08-31-2010, 01:32 PM
Hi, first post looking for some one to give me a little help with cad cam programs. and to convert to g-code, I,m building myself a micro mill, from a harbor freight micro mill. already have nema 23 stepper motors and 3 axis driver board and power supply. I'm getting there slowly. but my main concern is using cad cam program. already have Mach3.

pminmo
08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
No problem. How close are you to the St. Louis metro area?

DieHard007
08-31-2010, 11:53 PM
I live in St Louis city south city area on Bates st and ulena

pminmo
09-01-2010, 07:30 PM
I live in St. Peters, but work part time at WashU. Semi-retired....:-) PM me here and we'll setup a way for you to contact me.

plasmator
09-01-2010, 08:12 PM
Hey, anyone else in the BoCoMo area?

stl_aviator
12-28-2010, 12:17 AM
Hey, anyone else in the BoCoMo area?

hello my fellow cnc zone members.
this is my first post on this website
I am a resident of wentzeville mo. I have not yet built a cnc machine but I have been reading on this web page for over a year. Ive recently bought a plasma cutter from harbor freight. Perhaps I should start small with my roto zip or my portar cable 1.5 horse. I have many interest, aviation, flight simulator, electrical, flying at st charles county airport. and welding are a few.

I'm interested in seeing one of these machines somewhere close to home work and get some insight as to how do I get started.
If anyone intersted let me know
mike from wentzville

revwarguy
12-30-2010, 07:47 AM
Hey, stl_aviator,

(I'm an stl_aviator, too! I fly out of 1h0) If you are interested in getting together, give me your email and I'll contact you off-list.

hello my fellow cnc zone members.
this is my first post on this website
I am a resident of wentzeville mo. I have not yet built a cnc machine but I have been reading on this web page for over a year. Ive recently bought a plasma cutter from harbor freight. Perhaps I should start small with my roto zip or my portar cable 1.5 horse. I have many interest, aviation, flight simulator, electrical, flying at st charles county airport. and welding are a few.

I'm interested in seeing one of these machines somewhere close to home work and get some insight as to how do I get started.
If anyone intersted let me know
mike from wentzville

sodle
01-02-2011, 09:29 PM
Aviator in S.IL.
teacher of welding, machining in H.S.
100 miles from STL.

stl_aviator
01-02-2011, 11:37 PM
hi revwarguy,
in nov, I flew over to creve coure for some pattern flying practice. as a student pilot with 35 hours, I fly only 25 miles from home. I fly the evektor sportstar. very very cool airplane.
my email...mikesaettele@yahoo.com, heres my new web page, check it out. It needs lotsa work though. flightsimdolly.com .... the flight simulator is why I wanted to make the cnc machine. My hopes are to make and sell them. this is the first one I made.

wantacnc
02-21-2011, 07:47 AM
Are you guys in the St Charles area still playing with CNC. I have just ordered up some Hiwin rails and aluminum. Looking to start making my 2x4 machine in the next month or so. Ill be needing some help on the electrical / drive system.

pminmo
02-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Are you guys in the St Charles area still playing with CNC. I have just ordered up some Hiwin rails and aluminum. Looking to start making my 2x4 machine in the next month or so. Ill be needing some help on the electrical / drive system.

Yes in St. Peters.