PDA

View Full Version : Problem Shrunk screen

pinguS
12-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Check this out

My screen/box where you select the coordinate systems, i.e. different Macs or positions has just shrunk.

More explanation: if you able to see a list of Mac positions and able to select them on the left hand side drop down list box, this has now just become small and I can't even resize it to view the list box, has anyone ever come across this. Well actually its on a customer PC, which is running vista, but I have seen this before on a XP machine. But never really bothered to work out what it could be, but now I have lots of mac positions set, I struggle to select one to edit etc...

I have tried a re install, disabling UAC on vista and re install, both Solidworks and Solidcam. I even asked their technicals both of whom blame each other?????

Does anybody know about this problem?

Brakeman Bob
12-21-2009, 02:52 AM
Is this in the SolidCAM tabbed or classic interface?

pinguS
12-21-2009, 04:13 AM
1. I didn't know there was a classic or tabbed choice.

2. The tabbed selection is locked to the left hand side, where all other list boxes and buttons appear.

Brakeman Bob
12-22-2009, 02:44 AM
Have a look in the SolidCAM Settings located in the SolidCAM menu. Here you will find a category called "User Interface" which will show the hotkey for switching between Tabbed and Classic (usually CTRL + Tab). Then try setting a MAC position. If switching to the classic interface has cured your problem you have a graphics driver issue (I have been here). If not, then get on to the SolidCAM UK website and log the bug. Without people logging bugs SolidCAM don't know what to fix. I have 4 tickets outstanding at the moment.