PDA

View Full Version : Surfcam 2D Free

drakesis
12-10-2009, 04:33 PM
Anyone still have it?

Charlie Gary
12-16-2009, 10:01 AM
Probably not, because surfware stopped supporting it.

CNCRim
12-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Anyone still have it?

just a copy itself? yes but to post need key of course.

drakesis
12-16-2009, 03:44 PM
just a copy itself? yes but to post need key of course.

Newtexas2006, I don't need to post any gcode. Just the ability to draw and save as DSN, export as DXf, etc....

CNCRim
12-16-2009, 04:37 PM
Surfcam is about little more than 700MB....... it take long time to load and I don't know how to upload program that big ....... However You can call surfcam and ask for the password for FTP it's free of charge all you need give information like the company where you work and that's it. Surfcam even encourage surfcam holder to pass copies to everyone you want to, so you don't have to worry about it's against the law. That's way more people can learn Surfcam and more important more people know about it, the chance they will buy or recommend to other.

Here is the link you can check it out.

http://www.surfware.com/support_downloads.aspx

drakesis
12-16-2009, 07:12 PM
Surfcam is about little more than 700MB....... it take long time to load and I don't know how to upload program that big ....... However You can call surfcam and ask for the password for FTP it's free of charge all you need give information like the company where you work and that's it. Surfcam even encourage surfcam holder to pass copies to everyone you want to, so you don't have to worry about it's against the law. That's way more people can learn Surfcam and more important more people know about it, the chance they will buy or recommend to other.

Here is the link you can check it out.

http://www.surfware.com/support_downloads.aspx

I did contact Surfware and they weren't helpful. They wanted to sell me they're newest version. At work still using Surfcam 2003, but looking to be able to draw at home...

You could upload to http://www.megaupload.com, make an ISO image of the CD. Or if you could make a copy of the CD, we could work something out...

moldcore
12-16-2009, 07:52 PM
Why Surfcam? There’s plenty of other programs available to do CAD, some free, some fairly cheap. Do a search here and Google. Surfcam’s not the best for drawing, in fact it’s pretty bad.

drakesis
12-16-2009, 08:07 PM
Why Surfcam? There’s plenty of other programs available to do CAD, some free, some fairly cheap. Do a search here and Google. Surfcam’s not the best for drawing, in fact it’s pretty bad.

Actually if you've seen what I've drawn in Surfcam, it'd know your socks off, lol. I work in Surfcam, Mastercam and Autocad. But I prefer Surfcam, I find I draw faster with Surfcam.

CNCRim
12-16-2009, 08:36 PM

Surfcam is very neat and easy to get around not like mastercam or Autocad. they have very good Milling CAM.......... but Lathe is still need some improvement.

moldcore
12-17-2009, 09:00 AM
I use Surfcam everyday for machining, believe me there are better CAD programs available. As with any tool, you can become pretty good over time, and I guess for a hobby it would be sufficient. But in today’s world, a wireframe modeler is not an efficient way of doing things. Even a horse and buggy will get you where you want to go, but it’s not the best way to get there if there were quicker means of transportation at your disposal.

drakesis
12-17-2009, 09:07 AM
I use Surfcam everyday for machining, believe me there are better CAD programs available. As with any tool, you can become pretty good over time, and I guess for a hobby it would be sufficient. But in today’s world, a wireframe modeler is not an efficient way of doing things. Even a horse and buggy will get you where you want to go, but it’s not the best way to get there if there were quicker means of transportation at your disposal.

I understand your point of view. For my needs, 3D surfaces, machining, etc.. aren't required as I'll be doing that at work. At home I just need to draw.... A horse and buggy is fine with me, lol.