PDA

View Full Version : We Cim cut settings

slammedxonair
11-09-2009, 01:25 PM
I was just wondering what the best settings per plasma nozzle size are. It seems like ever drawing I do, I put into we cim and ever bolt hole is undersized. I started using a straight lead in like Jim had said in his hypertherm file he sent me on hole quality and stopped using curved lead ins. On my parts that I have been cutting alot of times I do a drawing and then set it for 40 amp offset and use a 60 amp tip and it gets me close to fitting a bolt, sometimes I have to go back and inlarge the hole on the drawing some to get things right. and most of the time I can then fit my bolts in the holes. My issue is for customer supplied drawings how can I cut this stuff out without having to keep waisting material and playing with the settings? Thanks.

slammedxonair
11-16-2009, 07:46 PM
does anybody have any input on cut path settings per nozzles?

WSS
11-17-2009, 04:50 PM
Slammed,

I think you are referring to kerf width. Are you using the burner/tools that came with the program...ie..40amp plasma, 60amp plasma and so on? Those are only close and cannot determine your actual machine's kerf. It will even change with thickness. You will have to measure the kerf on each thickness to be accurate. An easy way to measure is to make a rectangle in the code wizard and cut it with the settings and material you want. then measure the drop and the rem and divide by two. That is your kerf. Make a burner that dimension and drop it on station one or two (depending if you are oxy/fuel or plasma)

WSS