PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Tools in Excel don't show up to Import!

simonsayshello
11-06-2009, 11:37 PM
Just need some help I went into the excel tool library spread sheets and organized my tools and now when I call up my Aluminum library in solidcam to import a tool it does not see the tools but if I go to the spread sheet file I can see all the tools on the list.
Need help on what to do to get solid cam to see the tools I have the spread sheet files to email for somebody to look at if needed.

Thank You For your Time
George

Adam Hubert
11-07-2009, 10:31 AM
It's not real obvious that you need to do this but all you need to do it go up on the top right where you see the names of the tool libraries and click the arrow and change it to the spreadsheet file extension. Unless you tell it otherwise this way it defaults to it's own internal type tools list formats (a crude database) versus looking at an external spreadsheet file.

simonsayshello
11-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Yes thats where all my library selections are I guess I didn't explain well
I go to the upper right click I think it is xls and all of my materials that I work with show up I scroll down to Aluminum select it. all of the tools stored in aluminum should show so I can select the proper tool for the opperation but
when I select Aluminum none of the tools show I go to Steel and my steel tools show I can go into the excel spread sheet that is stored in solid cam and see all the tools listed in Aluminum but not when I try to import them for an opperation.
Thank you for the help any help is great.

George