PDA

View Full Version : Remote turn on for VFD

ranchak
09-27-2009, 12:44 AM
I have a Hitachi X200-022NFU VFD, this replaced the L200 series. According to the manual "In a simple application such as single-conveyor speed control, a Run/Stop switch and potentiometer will give the operator all the required control". This is what I would like to do, I want to mount the VFD inside of a control cabinet, have a master power switch mounted on the enclosure. At the operator's station I want a run switch. I tried to hook one up using Source Logic Input settings on the VFD (page 157 and 160 of http://www.driveswarehouse.com/documentation/Hitachi/X200M.pdf). I didn't get anything to happen. Should I have gone into the "Function Group" and selected "A002" and set it to "01"?

Another question is, AL1 is a relay contact that is normally closed when in the "Run" state. Can I use this to activate a coolant pump?

TOTALLYRC
09-27-2009, 04:52 AM
I have a Hitachi X200-022NFU VFD, this replaced the L200 series. According to the manual "In a simple application such as single-conveyor speed control, a Run/Stop switch and potentiometer will give the operator all the required control". This is what I would like to do, I want to mount the VFD inside of a control cabinet, have a master power switch mounted on the enclosure. At the operator's station I want a run switch. I tried to hook one up using Source Logic Input settings on the VFD (page 157 and 160 of http://www.driveswarehouse.com/documentation/Hitachi/X200M.pdf). I didn't get anything to happen. Should I have gone into the "Function Group" and selected "A002" and set it to "01"?

Another question is, AL1 is a relay contact that is normally closed when in the "Run" state. Can I use this to activate a coolant pump?

#1 Yes. If you don't do this it will only run from the front panel IIRC.
#2 Possibly, as long as it is open when in the not run state. I would probably use it to drive a relay instead of driving the coolant pump directly.