PDA

View Full Version : New Swiss Machine being built for the US market

kingfisher
09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Just a heads up, I got to see a new swiss lathe being built for the US market. It is made by Venture machines. They are a new American div. of Emco. Designed and built by American engineers with service guy's input. They have started selling the machining centers with some very good feedback. The engineers got with the service guys and put thier brains together and came up with a machine line that hopefully eliminates many of the faults seen with the top sellers in the US. Looking at the pricing they are very competitive.

I expect to see some good things from it when the economy picks up.

DSL PWR
09-23-2009, 12:24 AM
Where are they made (VMC and the swiss turn?)

kingfisher
09-24-2009, 07:32 PM
Where are they made (VMC and the swiss turn?)

Most of the manufacturing and assembly is done in Tai-Chung Taiwan. My understanding is that the MTB builds several different lines. One is the Bridgeport line. They are well known for making quality castings. The American Company made every attempt to find a American Company that was able to build a machine to the specs needed and stay competitive. The pricing would have made the machines to expensive to sell. Even trying to build in Europe was going to be tough. The Euro has made it impossible to do it there. The reason I bring this up is because I would have liked it to be done completely in the states. But like the auto companies it's almost impossible to do and complete in the market. Even the top American MTB has a % of foreign parts. I know, I sold them for a while. This is not a knock them, been to the factory like all the guys. Know the local reps and they are all good too.

These Venture machines will surprise some people. They are solid built quality machines with Fanuc controls and Fanuc alpha units. Just opening the doors on the enclosure .......you will notice a difference.

What Venture is.....A group of American guys like many on here. Who had an Idea, they wanted to build the best CNC for the money. They know the market place, who the top dog is and what the common problems are. They have done this with prices even more competitve then the top seller/MTB line.

I ran Citizens, Hardinge and Star machines for many years. I personally have owned Stars. Just so this does not get into a Ford Verses Chevy Discussion. Many will like the Venture Swiss. It starting out with a basic two axis machine.

Long winded but hopefully this answers some questions a few might have.

asuratman
09-24-2009, 08:32 PM
Hello,
Nice machine, heavy but expensive machine.