PDA

View Full Version : Nice program

cncadmin
03-10-2005, 10:44 PM
I was playing around with the demo, and nice program very easy to use. I like how you can drag your tool pathed part anywhere on you machinable are on the screen.

JFettig
03-10-2005, 11:02 PM
I too have been playing with the demo a little bit. The one thing I did notice is the drilling, it doesnt use a canned cycle rather it uses G1 and G0 moves. Other than that, I seem to like what I see. I havent ran any code I have made or anything yet, but maybe soon.

Jon

cncadmin
03-10-2005, 11:31 PM
I noticed that too, but it's post processor is for mach 2.

ynneb
03-11-2005, 01:07 AM
Aha, I see there is now a sheetcam forum here.
I have had a brief look at sheet cam, but havnt really followed through with trialing it.
I must give it a bash to see how well it works.
Hopefully Les, (Mr SheetCam) will look in on us from time to time and answer any questions we have.

I wonder if sheetcam can nest a big project over many sheets?

locost_cam
03-11-2005, 04:15 AM
SheetCam can use canned drill cycles. I used G0,G1 moves in the post processors because they are compatible with just about any machine. If you want I can create a post that does use drill cycles.

Les

ynneb
03-11-2005, 04:45 AM
Welcome, to the forum Les.

I really hope you find it confortable here.

It is an privelige to have you with us.
I expect over a short period of time we will all get to know more about your "Lowcost Cam" program. ( SheetCam )

cncadmin
03-11-2005, 08:09 AM
It would be nice if it could open Gerber files.

locost_cam
03-11-2005, 08:40 AM
This is on the to-do list. It may take a while though because it is actually quite difficult to extract outline information from Gerbers.

It would be nice if it could open Gerber files.

cncadmin
03-11-2005, 09:03 AM
Well I'm loving the program, very nice and simple, how about using it for laser? I guess I would just use the plasma tool pathing?

locost_cam
03-11-2005, 12:20 PM
Yes, that should work. If you find you have any special requirements for laser then let me know and I will see if I can add them.

Well I'm loving the program, very nice and simple, how about using it for laser? I guess I would just use the plasma tool pathing?

cncadmin
03-11-2005, 02:26 PM
Excellent! I will be need it soon, my machine is done and just waiting on my laser tube.

Scott V
03-14-2005, 08:30 PM
I been using it for plasma, and it is fantastic. I was really ready to sell my Practical cnc table and get something that worked. Then Les wrote a processor for my WinCnc control, and I am not selling my table now. It works great!!!!!!
Les is the man to fix anything that needs to be fixed. Fast too!

Scott