PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Parts List, does it exisit, and where?

rbarr110
09-11-2009, 06:58 PM
I have been searching and searching and compiling a list of needed parts so I can get a good estimate on what the final cost will be for me. I have found several posts where people say there is a list somewhere, but I cant find it.

I am not looking for a parts list for the actual material in the pre-cut packages and the nuts and bolts for it, but more looking at the electronics, motors, power suply, acme rods, misc specialty nuts etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and once I get a somewhat complete list compiled, I will post so others may have a better idea of what is completely involved.

I am figuring I will be about $1200 in not counting the PC, router, and software. I just want to be sure about that figure before I jump in and realize I am a few hundred dollars short in regard to electronics, rods, etc.

gacrwell
09-16-2009, 06:51 PM
I haven't been around here for awhile, but a couple of years ago I made up a parts list. I just looked at my copy of it and updated the links and prices. I think all the other earlier errors in it have been corrected.

Gary

rbarr110
09-16-2009, 07:26 PM
I haven't been around here for awhile, but a couple of years ago I made up a parts list. I just looked at my copy of it and updated the links and prices. I think all the other earlier errors in it have been corrected.

Gary

THANKS! You are a saint!

There are a handful of miscellaneous things on there that I was missing from my list I put together so far. This is a huge help. I have family in Boise, too bad they arent coming to Seattle anytime soon.... I would have had them bribe you to cut some material to help build my CNC.

gacrwell
09-17-2009, 12:26 PM
Like I said, haven't been here in awhile, looks like now everyone is ga-ga over 5-start leadscrews. I've updated the parts list to include those.

I have family near Seattle, Suquamish. But the bribe wouldn't help, I've never finished my table. Been laid up most of the past year or more. Hoping to get back to it soon. Sooo close.

Gary

rbarr110
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Ok, was going over my list and your list, you definately have items on there that I would like on my build that may be considered optional. I did have a question regarding some of the items you have listed under the "Drive Hardware"

In the blue highlighted area for the dumpstercnc items, you only have (3) thread clamps. I figured I would need (6). I believe each axis has to have a clamp (or double nut) at each bearing, so each axis would end up having two total, one at each end. Am I correct or am I missing something (does the coupler work as a clamp to hold the bearing in its block, if so, then only 3 would be needed)?