PDA

View Full Version : Starrett DTI help needed

raytor
03-07-2005, 10:55 AM
I have a Starrett last word DTI w/o instructions. Can someone tell me the proper method to change contact points on this instrument? Whenever I put pressure on the tip to try to change it the needle moves a lot. Is there a way to properly lock it to change tips?
Thanks

MBG
03-07-2005, 08:19 PM
I have a last word. What do you mean change the contact? You can move ht tip just put pressure no it and you will hear a click. You can set the zero by changing moving the face to zero.

raytor
03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
I have a last word. What do you mean change the contact? You can move ht tip just put pressure no it and you will hear a click. You can set the zero by changing moving the face to zero.

My Last Word came with 3 tips in different sizes. When I try to move the black spring clip the needle goes crazy so there must be a recommended technique to get the tips off without pegging the needle and harming the instrument.

MBG
03-07-2005, 09:25 PM
mine didn't come with different tips.... I would call starrett cause when I move the black spring clip it does'nt go crazy and I can get a reading from the other side of the tip