PDA

View Full Version : Table Retro-Fit.....What to choose?

dpaish
09-09-2009, 04:16 PM
Greetings,
I am in the process of retrofitting a 4' by 4' cnc plasma and looking for feedback with integrating either of the following THC packages. I have not built the control box, or have sourced a motor solution.

1. Dynatorch
2. CandCnC
3. Torchmate
4. Mach 3 with steppers and Hypertherm's PHC.

Please help with feedback.

Regards,
Dennis

millman52
09-09-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm sure Hypertherms solution is high quality & probably more on the industrial line.
CandCNC is good solid equipment & is most likely the least expensive & have been fitted to many different machines.

I really don't have hands on with anything but CandCNC on a home built machine.

You most likely need to speak with all the companys you have listed. I'd make myself an outline to pose the same questions to each & decide on my own which solution to go with.

Not knowing what kind of table you are planning on converting greatly limits any recomendations people can give.

Tom (www.candcnc.com) and Jim Colt (Hypertherm) both post here regularly. However I think you will get more direct answers to your questions to contact them directly.

Neil

DanOSB
09-10-2009, 12:08 PM
if i was you i would go for candcnc thier support and product is awesome..

plain ol Bill
09-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Here's another reccomendation for Cand CNC.

Torchhead
09-10-2009, 11:12 PM
Greetings,
I am in the process of retrofitting a 4' by 4' cnc plasma and looking for feedback with integrating either of the following THC packages. I have not built the control box, or have sourced a motor solution.

1. Dynatorch
2. CandCnC
3. Torchmate
4. Mach 3 with steppers and Hypertherm's PHC.

Please help with feedback.

Regards,
Dennis

Dennis: Have a look at the BladeRunner Dragon-Cut system. (http://www.CandCNC.com/BladeRunner_Dragon-Cut.htm) Complete compact electronics including our exclusive Port Expander technology, 4 axis of motor drives (microstepping and anti-resonance Gecko drives), motor cables, computer cables and our advanced Digital Torch Height Control (DTHC). four 620 oz-in 23 frame hi-torq hybrid steppers. Runs with MACH3. Lower cost than most THC options alone. Perfect system for a 4 X 4 or 4 X 8 plasma table. 2 year warranty. Unlimited support.

TOM Caudle
www.CandCNC.com