PDA

View Full Version : want to build a cnc router 3ft /5ft

nikhil1300
08-25-2009, 06:45 AM
Hi
I am new to this forum.I have just started areo modeling and I am just loving it.At present all my cutting is done by hand which takes to much of my time so I used to send my plans out side and get it cut either on a cnc or a lazer machine but it stated to cost me more so there fore desided to make one cnc router machine.I mainly cut depron or balsa and sometimes aluminium ,more than flying I love building planes.
Ok now for the main part,i am not so technical so people on the forum it will be a little difficult for me to understand most of the technical terms you all use
i want to build a cnc router machine 3ft/5ft as most of my depron sheets r this big
i want to cut aleast 12 mm deep (1mm to 12mm)
i want to have a simple clamping system for my machine (please advice)
speed in not what i am looking for but accuracy is a must
user friendly software for drawing and controlling the machine
and the most important of all my budget 1200$
Learned and expert people on the forum pls help with this project and i am sure there r many other people on the forum who want to make a cnc machine but do not know from where to start
drawings,build photos,links,video, websites any thing will be of great help
you can also write to me on nikhil1300@gmail.com:cheers:
few photo of what i am thinking of

PhillyCyberJoe
08-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Hi Nikhil1300,
I noticed that you didn't get a response for a few days and I'm guessing its because everyone is trying to figure out how to help. The fact of the matter is I think it would be very difficult if not impossible to build a 3X5 machine with the accuracy that your message suggests on the budget that you have available.

It doesn't sound like scaling down the machine size is an option and frankly I cannot come up with enough corners to cut (pardon the pun) to get a working machine of that size. You could probably get the MDF materials together but when you start adding in the computer, software, controller etc., I think you see that you are going to be coming up short.

I could be totally off base here, but having built two machines to date, I think that your budget might be a tad on the modest side for a table of that size.

Joe