PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! SolidCAM - g-code export fail

mr chris
07-12-2009, 04:40 PM
Error Message - Line 380, error 41828: System variable 'xc' can not be declared ....

any ideas what this means? Its my first attempt to export g-code. Its a super simple operation. Its a turning operation.

If I click OK, i then get this error message:

Line 713, error 41839: Cannot initialize GPPTool environment

I can't seem to get past this, has anyone got any ideas?

It only happens with FANUC0T output ... it exports ok in OKUMAL ??!

Cheers, C.

yasemintalay
07-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Firstly , open FanucOT.gpp file in the notepad. Find XC variable, and change all xc variable name (for example : XC_new).

You can export g code now :)

example :
@turn_drill
local string for for1 for2 for3
for1 = '2/2.0(P)'
for2 = '2/2.0(P*10)'
for3 = '5.0(P*1000)'

local numeric save_feed xc_new

mr chris
07-13-2009, 07:48 AM
hey yasemintalay, cheers for the info.

i've done what you suggested, and it's worked. I have no idea what the change means though..... could you explain? I'm a real newbie to all this. What's an xc variable, and why does changing its name in the gpp file help? And what is a gpp file?

Cheers,

C.

Uchoa
05-25-2010, 09:48 AM
line 1195, error 41793: Variable 'xc_newenter' is not defined
Line 1518, error 41839: Cannot initialize GPPTool enviroment

What should I put instead of "xc" variable? The xc_new didn´t work properly here:( Thank you.

Brakeman Bob
05-26-2010, 03:04 AM
What's an xc variable, and why does changing its name in the gpp file help? And what is a gpp file?

It's easier to start from the end. A GPP file is a post-processor. In other words, it takes the CAM output and puts it into machine code. You can make the post as detailed or as vague as you like; when its vague the programmer has to put all the tool change code, etc in manually whereas when its detailed the code is ready to put straight into the machine with no manual editing.

The "xc" variable is simply a variable that is used in the post and I am not sure why renaming it helped as the error you had indicates that the variable was not declared with a line thus global numeric xc at the head of the GPP file. What the "xc " variable does can only be understood by studying the GPP file.

Open up you GPP file and then fire up the GPP help in the SolidWorks / SolidCAM interface so you can study how the GPP functions. Read back through this forum as there are some enthusiatic GPP tweakers here.

Have fun

Bob

Uchoa
05-30-2010, 01:14 PM
I have solidworks 2010 and solidCAM2008 and I can't generate G-code coz there´s no option for it, i had solidCAM 2007 and it wasn´t any problem. The option "generate" is erased in a gray color, anyone can please help me??????????????

Brakeman Bob
06-01-2010, 02:49 AM
I have solidworks 2010 and solidCAM2008 and I can't generate G-code coz there´s no option for it, i had solidCAM 2007 and it wasn´t any problem. The option "generate" is erased in a gray color, anyone can please help me??????????????

That sounds like a demo version of SC2010. Get your dongle codes updated from your your reseller and everything should work as it did.