PDA

View Full Version : Casting Gears

Don C
02-17-2005, 07:51 AM
I have 2 machine that one has a broken gear. I was wondering how hard it would be to make a mold from the good gear and form a new gear.

alipavsky
02-17-2005, 08:30 AM
I know your post has been here, and unanswered for almost two years. However, if you're still in need of getting a duplicate gear cast then let me know, I can help.

Andrey

Don C
02-17-2005, 09:08 AM
I just posted it today, The date is wrong. My problem is I can't let go of the good gear, it's in a machine that I use every day in my sign business.
Thanks
Don

alipavsky
02-17-2005, 10:02 AM
My appologies. I was looking at your membership date instead of the posting date. In any case you are correct, you would have to remove the good gear to make a mold of it. At some point, if you can schedule some down time, I can help with the replacement, mold and gear casting. If you wish, let me know the aproximate dimentions of the gear, as well as the material it's made of, and I can give you a good aproximation of what it would take to replicate it.

Andrey

Don C
02-17-2005, 10:23 AM
Thanks for nthe reply. Its a 3.417 dia and 3/8 thick. its made of delren but could be made of brass. Its off of a Gerber CNC router and they no longer make the parts. I might be getting back with you if I can't find another way of fixing my problem.
Thanks again
Don

Bigfoot1
11-22-2005, 04:31 PM
just wondering if you ever had this gear made,,,
http://roemachine.com/

John S.
11-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Chances are you could use an off the shelf gear and modify it to fit whatever.
Can you supply more details?
Main details are OD and number of teeth.

John S.