PDA

View Full Version : Changing Post output

machred23
06-29-2009, 01:04 PM
Hello to all you Solidcam users,

I work for a shop that has been using Solidcam for about 2 years, however I am not 100% convinced that there post files are great. They work and thats ok, however I would like to make them better. Is there is a resource for programming post files for Solidcam? I have never programmed a post file before, but I can program in about 5 or 6 different computer programming languages so I am not concerned about the complexity, just need to know the syntax. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Machred23

Brakeman Bob
06-30-2009, 05:17 AM
It's all there on your PC. First have a look at the help files for "GPP Tool". The GPP files are the post processor files and are stored under \SolidCAM\GPPtool and comprise of a *.MAC file (initial machine settings) and the *.GPP file (the guts and logic of the post).

There is also a manual in PDF format you can download from the SolidCAM website which goes into a little more detail than the online help.

The language is similar to BASIC but isn't that sophisticated; there is no CASE SELECT statement for example.

Finally there is small but enthusiastic group of post tweakers hanging around this forum who are on the whole a friendly bunch.

Bob

machred23
07-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Bob,

Thanks for the insight, I will look into it further and post again if I have any questions.