PDA

View Full Version : information needed on spindle assembly

intelsingh
02-12-2005, 06:01 AM
hello..i have purchased a Herbert Churchill Universal Cylindrical Grinding machine BX 2 series.This machine has been lying idle since the past 4 years and now i need to recondition the whole machine.It has an air bearing spindle which is jammed and i need help on disassembling and assembling the machine.I stay in India and if there is any possible way i could get some information in the form of text or contacting someone for the maintainance of the machine it would be highly appreciated.If someone could send me a link to a site which provides help in conventional machines or if i can get in touch with somebody who can help me out..!!

HuFlungDung
02-12-2005, 09:06 AM
Would it work to spray some WD40 in the air connection to the spindle, and apply some air pressure to it? Allow it to "soak" for a few days with pressure? Just a thought, it may not be a recommended procedure, though.

intelsingh
02-12-2005, 02:12 PM
thanks for your immediate response..but primarily im looking out for help on assembling the spindle back in shape..if i can get in touch with someone who has worked on this machine or who has a greater knowledge on the same..or online assistance, sites, other forums..?

smabhyan
02-23-2005, 09:49 AM
Dear Intel Praji,

Contact SKF service center at following numbers, they may help you.

SKF spindle Service Center
Pune
Phone: 0212 4112477 / +919372416041