PDA

View Full Version : Some quick and basic TREE J325 questions

clemens1292
06-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I'm someone who mainly is used to basic G-Code programming and Master CAM, but not actual operation. So, with a new position I've acquired I'm having a little difficulty just getting down the basic steps.

I'm wanting to start the spindle and jog. That's it.

Do I need to run a short program and jump to jog mode?

Can I do this in "single step" mode and then go to jog mode?

The machine uses a DynaPath Delta 20M and I have the manual, but it's just extremely hard to navigate my way to what I'm looking for and I imagine this is a rather simple answer that I'm just dumbfounded on.

I did search on the forum, but couldn't find an exact answer.
I'm sure I'll have further questions.

Thank you VERY much!

Alex

Hemiracer
06-03-2009, 10:13 PM
The spindle cannot be jogged as you would the table and quill. It is run under program control. Not hard to accomplish, however.

After you have booted the control and performed the axis reference steps according to the manual, hit the "Mode Select" key and select "C" for catalog mode. Type in a new program name and hit enter. Press the mode key again and select "Program". Type N10 and hit enter. Hit the "Event Type" key and select "M Function." Type M03 (zero three) and hit enter. Type S100, enter. Press the mode key again and select "Single Event". Press the green button. If you (or I) made a mistake, the control will tell you. The control may require you to have the drawbar clamped before it will execute the program. Reset will stop the spindle. If you are wanting to do some "manual" milling, you can select the jog mode and leave the spindle running.

Roger

Michael M
06-03-2009, 10:55 PM
I never used the D20 control on my 325 (I did a control conversion immediately) but I have the impression that you've first got to go through the axis homing procedure before the control will let you do anything else.

cheers,
Michael

ammach
09-22-2009, 10:51 PM
Evening Alex,

I have a 325 Tree with my controllerand have to Reference everything home first off.

If machine is set (.05) on all axiz from home after last run, reference is easy.
Everything begins with Mode select.

If there is an existing program in file , start at beginning, Mode select , 3, reset, next line , should be on event 2 of program which is Mo3 and speed . Just hit Mode select (2) cycle start and spindle should start.

to JOG just Mode Select (0) and use ( X,Y ) or Z jog handles on front of controller .
( 0 , 1 , 2, and 3 ) on crt shows rapid , fast . slow , respectfully , (0) being fast.

( to turn spindle on ) writing you own program:

Mode select 3
program
n1) (event type 9) (m) codes -M06 (enter) T1 next line
n2) M03 (enter) S1500 ( enter) nextline
n3) Event type , ( 0 ) GO X1.0 Y2.0 Z.05 next line
n4) M30

If tool height is set properly.......Mode select 6
tool should move over to position ,spindle running and stop
Cycle Start

one hit of cycle start should send machine to MACHINE home,
2nd hit will turn on spindle

elnerdo
09-23-2009, 12:21 AM
attached is a document i found online which i think might help you with the basics required to operate your mill. it's basically the readers digest version of the Dynapath manual.

i also have a more comprehensive users manual that Ellison machine wrote when they were distributors for Tree. its too large to upload but if you shoot me a PM I'll email you a copy.

Danwin
07-08-2010, 02:18 AM
Hello Can you please send me your Manual from Ellison Machine for programming. I could really use it.

Thanks

Dan

Send To :
dangodwin@shaw.ca
attached is a document i found online which i think might help you with the basics required to operate your mill. it's basically the readers digest version of the Dynapath manual.

i also have a more comprehensive users manual that Ellison machine wrote when they were distributors for Tree. its too large to upload but if you shoot me a PM I'll email you a copy.

underthetire
07-08-2010, 10:31 AM
If you use the procedure to start a new program, you can use N. as a MDI, it will allow you to do a M3 Sxxx just like any other machine. Then go to jog and do whatever you need.

vicslmn
11-01-2010, 09:16 PM
I have a Tree 840VMC with a Dynapath Delta 20 control. I have no manuals at all for it. Do you have any idea where I can get a copy. My spindle does not orient in the correct position for the tool change. Don't know if this is a parameter or what.
Plus I am new to Dynapath. I've run alot of controls but these seem to be slow and combersome. Mabey it's the just me knot knowing the control.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
VIcsolo@embarqmail.com

underthetire
11-02-2010, 12:51 PM
I have a Tree 840VMC with a Dynapath Delta 20 control. I have no manuals at all for it. Do you have any idea where I can get a copy. My spindle does not orient in the correct position for the tool change. Don't know if this is a parameter or what.
Plus I am new to Dynapath. I've run alot of controls but these seem to be slow and combersome. Mabey it's the just me knot knowing the control.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
VIcsolo@embarqmail.com

Easiest way is to remove the top cover on the machine spindle head, orient the spindle, loosen the encoder clamps and turn it until the dogs line up. Only other way was to adjust parameters in the spindle drive, but thats a PIA.