PDA

View Full Version : VCarve PRO trial

u77171
05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
I am currently evaluating VCarve PRO and have a question. I would like to carve the BullsHead sample but the gcode it produces puts the starting point of the y axis out of bounds for my homebuilt cnc. For some reason it's putting y at 38" to start. The sign is only 12"x4.5" so my machine can handle it just not the way it is trying to start off. How can I get it to start at, for example, 2"?

Any help would be appreciated.

SCRAPWOTSCRAP
05-18-2009, 05:31 PM
Well one way would be to modify the beginning of your g-code program, to move to your Y2. Then G92 Y38. Telling your machine that point is now Y38. At the end of your program cancel the G92. Not familiar V-Carve but I see no one jumped in to help. Either that or within V-carve move the drawing to coordinates that fit your machine and then output the new g-code.

ger21
05-18-2009, 05:44 PM
Are you using the mm post, by chance?

Tony Mac
05-18-2009, 06:04 PM
I am currently evaluating VCarve PRO and have a question. I would like to carve the BullsHead sample but the gcode it produces puts the starting point of the y axis out of bounds for my homebuilt cnc. For some reason it's putting y at 38" to start. The sign is only 12"x4.5" so my machine can handle it just not the way it is trying to start off. How can I get it to start at, for example, 2"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hello u77171,

If you Save the VCarve Pro .CRV file and email it to me I'll take a look and get back to you. Send the file to - tonym - at - vectric - dot - com

Tony