PDA

View Full Version : Chain Geometry is Invalid

Rees Guitars
05-03-2009, 07:41 PM
I keep having this problem no matter what profile I'm trying to chain or what operation I choose. Also, it wont auto complete the chain, I have to select every segment. :( Please help...

Rees Guitars
05-04-2009, 06:45 PM
Even following the SolidCAM training courses, using their models, it does this. SC looks really easy and great to use, if I can just overcome this problem...

Rees Guitars
05-04-2009, 07:05 PM
Ok, facing works. Nothing else so far.

Brakeman Bob
05-05-2009, 03:37 AM
Have a look at this thread; it shows some alternative methods to creating chain geometry.

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60220

Also, what release of SolidCAM are you using and what Service Pack? There were siiues with profile geometry a while ago that were fixed.

Finally, when creating profile geometry consider using the "Add" button under "Multi-Chain". This gives access to the "CAD Selection" button which then enables the SolidWorks selection options which you access by right-clicking the mouse. For your example using this method, I would select an edge then right click and pick the "Select Loop" option at which an arrow will appear to show which loop is selected. By clicking the arrow SolidWorks toggles through any loops which share the selected edge. When happy with the highlighted loop, click on "Resume" button and thence back to Chain Geometry definition.