PDA

View Full Version : New Machine Build Keling Products...What do you think??

CurtisBarclay
04-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Hi Everyone,

You know, I think Keling would have a great product with the exception of one thing...the same thing several people said... "DOCUMENTATION"... I see it over and over on this Forum.
I bought the Keling CNC package;CNC 3 Axis Package with 425oz-in motors and 3 KL-4030 Bipolar Drivers with the 36V /8.8A Power Supply almost $400.00 4 months ago with out the first shred of any documentation what so ever...$400.00...that's a lot of money.
Point being said the website has different "docs" showing the wiring diagram for the same thing that doesn't even coincide with what I have.

For example;

KL 4030 #1 (from Kelinginc website)

ENA+
ENA-
STEP-
STEP+
DIR-
DIR+

KL 4030 #2 (from Kelinginc website)

REST-
REST+
(DIR)CW-
CW+
(STEP)CP-
CP+

KL 4030 #3 (the one I have)

ENA-
ENA+ (+5V)
DIR-
DIR+ (+5V)
PUL-
PUL+ (+5V)

Now how is anybody with new to breakout boards and drivers from this company going to be able to figure this out without taking a chance of frying expensive components...can you figure it out...if you can "PLEASE" let us know cause it seams like everyone else would like to know also.

Also in my thread (DB25 wiring??) I must have a bad board or I fried it following the "docs" given I just don't know.

I want to make a special note to "Crevice Reamer" for his dedicated help to resolving my problem...Thank You!

With my package I should have gotten the C10 break out board but I got the DB25 instead. Keling said they would replace it but I just don't trust them so I ordered the C10 from CNC4PC "with docs" so we will see.

I hope I don't sound upset... because I am! Here's why;

Mach 3 w/Lazy Cam and Mill Addons
Vista CNC Pendent and iMach screen for Mach 3
Vectric's Vcarve Pro V5
4'X5' CNC table (being built) wife says I have over $3000.00 invested in parts alone!
Keling CNC 3 Axis Package (doesn't work)
Sherline 2000 Milling machine CNC converted...(again Keling, same system) to help build my CNC table...see photo.

So folks...what do you think??

Curtis

automationtechinc
04-07-2009, 02:48 PM
Hi Sir
Pls email me your question to support@kelinginc.net. We will help you to solve it. Sometime, it is a very easy setup problem.

CurtisBarclay
04-07-2009, 07:20 PM
Dear Kelinginc,

First off lets keep our correspondence here on this forum so everyone can benefit from it. As I'm sure I'm not the only one with the same problems.

My first question is in the first thread... if you read it. So do I wire the drives up according to your "docs" on your website or should they be wired different??

Example we have "docs" #1

1 ENA+
2 ENA-
3 STEP-
4 STEP+
5 DIR-
6 DIR+

Example #2

1 ENA-
2 ENA+ (+5V)
3 DIR-
4 DIR+ (+5V)
5 PUL-
6 PUL+ (+5V)

So now is example #1 DIR is #5 and #6 now DIR #3 and #4,
Is step in example#3 step #3 and #4 now PUL #5 and #6

automationtechinc
04-08-2009, 11:13 AM
Dear Kelinginc,

First off lets keep our correspondence here on this forum so everyone can benefit from it. As I'm sure I'm not the only one with the same problems.

My first question is in the first thread... if you read it. So do I wire the drives up according to your "docs" on your website or should they be wired different??

Example we have "docs" #1

1 ENA+
2 ENA-
3 STEP-
4 STEP+
5 DIR-
6 DIR+

Example #2

1 ENA-
2 ENA+ (+5V)
3 DIR-
4 DIR+ (+5V)
5 PUL-
6 PUL+ (+5V)

So now is example #1 DIR is #5 and #6 now DIR #3 and #4,
Is step in example#3 step #3 and #4 now PUL #5 and #6

Hi Sir
Thanks.
Follow this one:

1 ENA+
2 ENA-
3 STEP-
4 STEP+ (to 5V)
5 DIR-
6 DIR+ (to 5V)

CurtisBarclay
04-08-2009, 07:43 PM
Hi Sir
Thanks.
Follow this one:

1 ENA+
2 ENA-
3 STEP-
4 STEP+ (to 5V)
5 DIR-
6 DIR+ (to 5V)

Hello Sir,

I see why so many people are having problems!! Did you even READ the thread?????? I DO NOT HAVE THE SETUP DESCRIBED IN THE QUOTE AND FROM YOUR WEBSITE. OK, they say picture say a thousand words...Look at the picture I just posted, does it have the words (STEP) any where on my driver... NO it does not!!!! And DIR + & - is #3 and #4 on my driver NOT #5 & #6 on your "docs" you just paraphrased from your website.

I gotta go take a chill pill... Sorry everyone

CurtisBarclay
04-08-2009, 08:06 PM
Sorry the picture didn't load

Crevice Reamer
04-08-2009, 08:20 PM
ENA = Enable. You don't need to connect ANYTHING to these.
DIR = Direction. These take the Direction signals from the Break Out Board.
PUL = Pulse. This is just another way of saying Step.

The charts tell you how to set Current Limits and Micro Steping with the DIP switches.

CR.

CurtisBarclay
04-08-2009, 09:45 PM
Hey CR,

You said charts?? What charts to set the DIP switches. Looking at the picture there is only 6 selectables and 8 switches. Can you explain

Crevice Reamer
04-09-2009, 09:06 AM
Sorry the picture didn't load

So this is NOT a pic of YOUR drive? Are you saying that YOUR drive does not HAVE these charts on it?

CR.