PDA

View Full Version : Support.

Jens H
04-03-2009, 03:00 PM
I must say that Kelings support realy sucks. I am so disapointed.
I never ever hope my motors will break down again.

G320 is not a problem (Gecko), they have good support and service.
:mad:

CurtisBarclay
04-07-2009, 07:29 PM
He must work for Microsoft... keeps advertising his products without fixing the problems!!!!

jmachineshop
04-07-2009, 07:54 PM
I am new to the CNC Zone community and was looking for info on kelings customer support. I just purchased a 3 axis kit for a mini mill. Now u guys are making me nervous.

CurtisBarclay
04-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I am new to the CNC Zone community and was looking for info on kelings customer support. I just purchased a 3 axis kit for a mini mill. Now u guys are making me nervous.

Ditto on that!!! I:drowning:f I knew then what I know now, I would have went Gecko...ironic isn't it! He's going to sell them with his kits.
:drowning:

If I may ask what kit did you order?

Curtis

jmachineshop
04-07-2009, 08:07 PM
I ordered the X2 package with the 270 oz steppers and the KL430 drivers and a C10 BB.

automationtechinc
04-08-2009, 11:06 AM

Pls send me a email support@kelinginc.net, what is your question?

Jens H
04-14-2009, 09:44 AM
Pls send me a email support@kelinginc.net, what is your question?

No, I have contacted keling. It seems like you only read the 2 first line, and then answer "please contact gecko support" or "please contact US digital".
And every time it feel like talk to a new person, even the name is the same. Don't you have a ticket system, then it is so hard to remember? (or maybe you have many claims). And what about garanti? It is Keling that put different parts together, and should have the overview. Not a driver or encoder manufactor.
And last, then I got the G320 from gecko, I got a fine dokumentaion, and startup guide, and it is different from your schematic. Why doesn'nt I get this in the first place? Could have saved lot of time.

Jens H
04-16-2009, 04:03 AM
Yesterday I received the new replacement motor, G320 driver and encoder I have order for my own money. Then I discover a strange thing. This new motor doesn’t have an axial clearance on the shaft like the other 3 motors I get in the CNC package. (The shafts on the 3 motors could move about 2-3 mm in and out).:confused:

Then I looked on the damaged motor, and discovered that the locking ring was press out of the slot, and deep into the windings. And NO, I have NOT mounted the encoders with a hammer.

I still have the package I received the motors in, and there is no sign of damage on that. I think at the motor supplier or somewhere else, they have lost a whole box of motors on the floor from the top of a shelf or something like that, and the rotor has then pressed this ring back, because the fault is on all 3 motors I got. (maybe keling should contact costumers who have buy this motor type recently)

I dismount the motor on my y axis, and there I se the same issue. But not so bad as the motor from the Z axis. I haven’t disassembled the X motor jet, but I think it’s the same. On the brushings there is a mark from the ring. Some washers are broked.

Now I think on it, the first time the motor run wild, and burn the driver, was after connecting the ground to the control box. On the workbench it operates ok. And Gecko has repaired the driver and tells that the motor out leads was short circuit. So the ring must have made a short circuit to ground through the motor winding.

Conclusion:
The motors have been faulty from delivery. One of them causes the Gecko drive to go mad, and burn the windings in the motor. Got a new driver, and after some hours, a high spark sound occurs, and this driver also burned. (First here I disassemble the motor and saw it was not looking good). I try to talk to Keling, but they didn’t understand anything, and keep sending me to gecko support og us-digital support (encoder), and NEVER talk about to send a new motor, and take a look on the old one. This history have cost me 490$, I have not done anything wrong, the product have a production fault, and I am now trying to repair the other motors. Al the work to find the fault have I done by my self. What about product garanti??? :mad:

This is really not ok, and I will really advise people to be careful when they deal whit keling.

automationtechinc
04-16-2009, 10:36 PM
Jen

We have send you another brand new one. You do not need to send me the broken one back. The USPS tracking number is CJ259212589US. I think we support all our customers. If you have any question or request, just email to us, we will help you. Without Communication, we cannot do anything

Outofreach
08-01-2009, 04:32 AM
I'm getting ready to order a package and reading this makes me a little nervous. What is the warrenty on the Keiling products?

The emails from John are short and sweet for sure, how the support been recently?

LeeWay
08-01-2009, 07:25 AM
I have bought lots of stuff from Keling and have had no issues. I did need a bit of documentation once and it came fast. Short and sweet for sure, but solved my issue.

The first time I had issues with Gecko, I took pictures of everything. Not sure if it helped or not, but gave them an idea of what was going on. It was resolved pretty fast as well.
Pictures of damage is always good to include. It helps to break any language barriers due to...uh....language barriers. Pretty much your universal translator. :)

schwinndk
08-14-2009, 06:13 AM
I have to agree on Jens H. I bought a cnc kit from keling 3 weeks agoe and started to assemble it right when I got it. First thing I noticed was that the encoder didn´t fit the back of the servos. On the mounting manual of the digital encoders (AMT102-V) it says it should be screwed on but there was no screws and the holes in the back of was not there. I asked keling about the missing screws and how it was suposed to be mounted and all I got from him was 6 words " Most glue it on the plate ". What´s that for and answer!! I had to ask others of what they had done to know that I should drill new holes in the back of the motor for it to fit. If I was to glue it on, I would have no chance to take it off if it or the motor broke down and I needed an replacement. Plus that the instruction on the encoder says to screw it on..

I have now assembled everything, and I have problems with either the geckos 320 or the encoders since my LIMIT needs to come all the way CCW on all of the geckos for the FAULT light to go out plus there is no signal to the geckos from the breakoutboard. I have send Keling emails without hearing anything from him. I then had to contact Gecko support and cc: keling to get some help, and luckely Gecko have send me a reply telling me that it sounds like an encoder problem. There is absolutely no responce from keling at all, and this it not what I call support. Just because the package has been send half way around the world does not meen that we don´t decerve support. So be in mind that support is not what you should expect when ordering from him. I now have to rely on Gecko to give me some kind of guidence to what can be wrong with my cnc kit.

Kim

H.O
08-14-2009, 10:46 AM
Hi,
I've never bought anything from Keling so I can't really comment on the support issues.

But.... you said that you drilled new holes to mount the encoder, did you remove the back end of the motor before drilling those holes? If not, did you drill all the way thru the plate? In that case there might be chips inside the motor which might explain the fault on the Gecko - just an idea....

automationtechinc
08-14-2009, 10:50 AM
I have to agree on Jens H. I bought a cnc kit from keling 3 weeks agoe and started to assemble it right when I got it. First thing I noticed was that the encoder didn´t fit the back of the servos. On the mounting manual of the digital encoders (AMT102-V) it says it should be screwed on but there was no screws and the holes in the back of was not there. I asked keling about the missing screws and how it was suposed to be mounted and all I got from him was 6 words " Most glue it on the plate ". What´s that for and answer!! I had to ask others of what they had done to know that I should drill new holes in the back of the motor for it to fit. If I was to glue it on, I would have no chance to take it off if it or the motor broke down and I needed an replacement. Plus that the instruction on the encoder says to screw it on..

I have now assembled everything, and I have problems with either the geckos 320 or the encoders since my LIMIT needs to come all the way CCW on all of the geckos for the FAULT light to go out plus there is no signal to the geckos from the breakoutboard. I have send Keling emails without hearing anything from him. I then had to contact Gecko support and cc: keling to get some help, and luckely Gecko have send me a reply telling me that it sounds like an encoder problem. There is absolutely no responce from keling at all, and this it not what I call support. Just because the package has been send half way around the world does not meen that we don´t decerve support. So be in mind that support is not what you should expect when ordering from him. I now have to rely on Gecko to give me some kind of guidence to what can be wrong with my cnc kit.

Kim

Hi Kim
We have asnwered all your emails. We talked with Marcus on the phone regarding your problem. He sent a email to you too. If you can not get it work, Marcus and I will help you. The Servo system is little harder than stepper system. It requires more knowlege and skills. email: support@kelinginc.net
www.kelinginc.net

automationtechinc
08-14-2009, 11:32 AM

From the video, it works great. Very nice jobs done

http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77011

schwinndk
08-14-2009, 11:58 AM
H.O
Thanks for your reply... I have not drilled all the way through since I was adviced by Jens H to have this in mind. But thanks for your suggestion on the FAULT problem.

Keling.

I have only got one mail from Marcus.... But I still have all my geckos with FAULT light on and have to turn the limit all the way CCW for it to stop. I know that the servo is a bit harder and complex then the stepper, but when following the diagram from your web, everything should be working fine.. But it is not.
As you can see from the picture I send you (4mb so you can zoom in on everything), I have wired it up like it is supposed but I still get the FAULT light. I have gone through the troubleshooting that Gecko has on their page, and everything points out that I have to send them back for evaluation. I must agree that it is very strange to have this problem on all the servos indicating that it should be a wirering problem. But I have had kind support fro Jens H getting tips etc. and he also tells me that it might be the encoders that is defekt since I have to turn the LIMIT all the way back for the motors to stop chuncking every 2 secunds and having the light turned off. Also there is no responce at all from the breakoutboard and the geckoes. But I would be very happy to have it going through STEP BY STEP so that you also can determinate where the problem might be. I saw that Gecko has some new 320X witch can spot if there is a decoder fault. That is really great, and would help alot when troubleshooting. But mine it the "old" 320... So please let me know what to do next. Thanks

schwinndk
08-25-2009, 04:36 AM
Keling... I still have not heard from you at all, so will you pleace be so kind to reply and let me know the status... I have maild you on the below mail link..

Kim

sbalder
09-30-2009, 08:49 AM
I have placed over a dozen orders from Keling and have found their service, price, and quality of their products to be outstanding. I think of them, though, as a vendor and not someone who is obligated to take me step by step through how to build and program a cnc machine just because I bought a Nema 23 motor and big red pushbutton switch from them.

Similarly, the grocery store sells me a steak. I don't expect them to take me step by step on the phone on how to cook it and what I should say to my dinner guests!

Jens H
09-30-2009, 09:06 AM
I have placed over a dozen orders from Keling and have found their service, price, and quality of their products to be outstanding. I think of them, though, as a vendor and not someone who is obligated to take me step by step through how to build and program a cnc machine just because I bought a Nema 23 motor and big red pushbutton switch from them.

Similarly, the grocery store sells me a steak. I don't expect them to take me step by step on the phone on how to cook it and what I should say to my dinner guests!

Thats rubbish.
When you steak smells and is green, and you call the grocery, and get the reply "Kontakt the frying pan supplier" you think it's ok???
I now to build at CNC, but then components are faulty, I can't accept to pay for new parts and don't get answers or feedback. Then it should be written that buying things is you the buyers risk.

LeeWay
09-30-2009, 09:14 AM
I think your issue was shipping damage. Either before or after Keling. Didn't they offer to replace them? They have always been great with all my orders.
I ordered my new motors and power supplies that just arrived last week.
Not any problems.

sbalder
09-30-2009, 09:30 AM
Thats rubbish.
When you steak smells and is green, and you call the grocery, and get the reply "Kontakt the frying pan supplier" you think it's ok???

Sorry, my post seems a little harsh after I re-read it. My point was simply that a retailler of a product is not obligate to provide unlimited free technical assistance. Of course I would expect a grocery store to exchange or give me my money back if the steak I bought turned out to be bad when I got it home. Similarly, I would expect Keling to cheerfully and promptly help me out with a non-working product (honestly though, every product I have bought from them has been first rate).

Good luck with your machine project!:)

Jens H
09-30-2009, 09:51 AM
I think your issue was shipping damage. Either before or after Keling. Didn't they offer to replace them? They have always been great with all my orders.
I ordered my new motors and power supplies that just arrived last week.
Not any problems.

As earlyer in this thread, I buy a CNC kit.

One motor ****ed up, and burn the driver.
Keeling tell me to contact gecko. and they repair it quickly without cost.
New driver run some days, and then same happens. I disassemlbed the motor an se it was burned. Contacted Keeling, that tell me to contact the Encoder suplier.
I say that I need a replaysment motor (it was burned) and a new driver. Keeling doesn'nt understand why. (It was burned!!!)
I say "i don't have time for this ****" (i have some orders to deliver) and order by my self new parst, pay shipping and tax and so on.
With the new parts I could see that my first 3 motors (ALL 3) has a dammage not from shipping but more likely from production (see pictures i thread)
Now, keeling send me 1 motor (The driver was still burned and the 2 other motor I repaired by myself is not as god as new)

The rigth support will be:

I report a issue
Keeling make a claim (they could not remember the case from mail to mail)
I send the involved parts back for inspection, and they send new parts.
If the fault was mine, I pay the cost.
End of story.