PDA

View Full Version : Q for those that ordered from Deepgroove1

Hokan
03-27-2009, 01:37 PM
I think the UPS driver officially hates me by all the stuff I've had delivered lately over the last 2 weeks. Anyway, back on track.... Pretty much my whole order is in, all but the EasyCNC book and nothing about Mach3 was in any of the boxes that I found

My question for those that have also ordered from Deepgroove1 is: How did you get the Mach license from him?

The web page doesn't mention how you will get it. Since he's largely a reseller, I figured I'd get an email from Artsoft with the license key, but haven't received anything yet.

TOTALLYRC
03-27-2009, 02:26 PM
I think that the UPS driver should love you for keeping him employed in these tough economic times, but I digress.

I looked and can't find out how you get it either, and since he proudly informs you that he wants no phone contact from his customers, I guess email or ebay are the only ways to contact him.

Not flaming anyone but that is what I got from his contact page.

Mike

BrownstoneMetal
03-28-2009, 02:05 AM
Hello,
I ordered my taig from Paul at Deepgroove. I also bought the Mach III license from him. He sent me the file that you place into the software folder (which you would download from artsoft) via e-mail. I am sure if you e-mail him that you will get the file back minus any kind of personal response from him :) Paul is definitely NOT a talker!
Hope this helps

daanmuller
03-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Yes, I also got the key for mach by mail from Paul.

Another tip: measure your x and y axis movement to doublecheck the motortuning settings. I had to set my y-axis to 40100 steps and the others to 40000 to get exact movement.
Backlash compensation in mach also works great if you set it up correctly.
Furthermore I found that setting mach (in the general settings) to sherline half pulse mode also helped with some steps I was losing.
Now when I cut a circle it's really a circle and accurate to within 0.01 mm (0,0004 inch)