PDA

View Full Version : M15-M16 AND OFFSETS

littlerob
03-09-2009, 07:02 PM
I am new to the P-200 it will not allow me to offset the tool more than .03 at a time. Does anyone know how to change this setting?

Also CW and CCW rotation of the C-axis controlled by M15 and M16, is there a way to trick it? My post processor doesn't output those codes. So until it does I have to hand code it in, but we still need to be makin' stuff.

Thanks, Robert

DIFF OVER
03-10-2009, 08:47 PM
operation parameters, just page down until you find it. You can set the limit or just turn the limit off.

Page 140 in the Operation Manual Pub No. 5241-E (LE32-111-R1)

What cam system?
What machine?
Did the lathe come with ADMAC?

littlerob
03-11-2009, 06:12 PM
Mastercam X3-We have maintenance, and the rep is on it.

L370

Yes it came with Admac but I don't know anything about it, the machine has been sitting, next to the 2 operators who were obviously sitting for two YEARS as well. It has been making parts for 3 weeks since I started, it has more cutting time in 3 weeks than it has since the company installed it literally. I don't really want to change a first impression by asking them to send me to a course or something. Is it reletively easy to figure out?

Thanks, Robert

DIFF OVER
03-11-2009, 08:52 PM
Nice machine. ADMAC is nice, basic and posts 100% error free code. I would call your Okuma dist and ask for a free day ADMAC class. Even if is is a W machine, you can get all the basics in one day.

Superman
03-12-2009, 07:30 AM
M15 and M16 output using a mastercam post should be fairly simple
These would be used only if you program 3+1 ( 4th axis positioning only )

If full 4 axis is required, some machine parameters will need altering only ( and it is a little more involved ).

*** COPY YOUR POST 1ST ***

the info should be near the top of the post
look for and alter the values in red
use_rotmcode : 1 #Output M-Code for Axis direction (sindx_mc)
#0 = Signed direction (only valid when rot_type = 1)
#1 = M-Code for direction

and

rot_type : 2 #Rotary type - 0=signed continuous, 1=signed absolute, 2=shortest direction

As for the modifying offsets only by "ADDing" a small amout, this is controlled by machine parameter, not sure of the exact location but try to "SET" the figure ( CAUTION - check/compare the numbers before "WRITE" )

Post back if you wish for me try and find the correct parameters or if someone else wants to chip-in

littlerob
03-12-2009, 06:11 PM
No it is only 3 Axis, thanks for the responses. It IS a really nice machine, I read a thread here a little while ago about the Captains not being as rigid as some older models LR, LB etc. but I disagree I work the hell out of this thing and am within tenths all day.

Superman is your post an Okuma post? Mine is not, it is a generic Fanuc post that I suspect has been hacked at way too much, to get it to output lap code and so forth. I guess the question is should we start from square one with an Okuma post?

Thanks, Robert

EDIT-If it isn't too much trouble could you tell me EXACTLY which parameter is to change offset amount that would be helpful.

Superman
03-12-2009, 09:19 PM
Sorry, the M15/M16 info I sniped from a milling post ( was thinking milling machine )

our lathe posts ( a modified generic fanuc 2x lathe and an Okuma multi-axis do not use those m-codes )
I assume you have C-axis and live tooling that the m-codes are used on.

As for the other parameter , see your OPERATION MANUAL for OSP-P200L, Pub#LE32-111-R03a, E#5241-E-R2
refer to "Sect 1 OPTIONAL PARAMETERS" ( long word ) (page 298)
#7 and #8 looks like they control the data inputs

littlerob
03-13-2009, 04:27 PM
Got the offset parameter changed.

Just received the new post from the MC rep, see what happens Monday.

Thanks for the help guys, Robert

Goldorak
03-25-2009, 03:15 PM
i use in-house post for this machine , works well but mcam and okuma don't really mix well you got to play alot with the misc value to get it work well

and for the rigidity it's ok with steel , even tool steel and stainless, but as soon as you put some really hard material like A-286 super alloy , inconel625 or hastelloy c-276 , you will find the limit pretty fast on that machine ;)

littlerob
03-25-2009, 09:28 PM
and for the rigidity it's ok with steel , even tool steel and stainless, but as soon as you put some really hard material like A-286 super alloy , inconel625 or hastelloy c-276 , you will find the limit pretty fast on that machine ;)

I just got done with a job machining a spindle from Astralloy it wasn't too bad, it made the machine work, but got through it.

What do you mean "in house post"?

Robert

Goldorak
03-26-2009, 06:50 AM
in-house solution is a company that makes post-processor for mastercam

http://www.inhousesolutions.com/