PDA

View Full Version : Acme Rod Question

DistortedDesign
03-05-2009, 12:35 PM
Hey I had a question about the legnth of the acme rod for the Y axis and the Z axis. What legnth is the acme rod suppose to be for the Y and Z. I totally forgot that I am going to have to cut the acme rods to fit.
What is the best way for cutting them? I can see that they are ground on the end so that the threads will start.

DistortedDesign
03-08-2009, 10:17 AM
Any one??

Astor123
03-09-2009, 07:39 PM
This is how I got mine set up:
I mounted the motor brackets, the motor, lovejoys, and popped the bearings in place but didn't align anything (this is just for the actual lenght). I measured from inside the lovejoy 3/8" pass the set screw, went across to the other side plus I left another 2" pass the bearing block. On that other end I have (against the bearing)a washer-spring-washer-nut with a set screw drill in it. This keeps the tension on the screw and eliminates some of the wobbling.

joecnc2006
03-10-2009, 12:05 PM
What is the best way for cutting them? I can see that they are ground on the end so that the threads will start.

Is this for the Model 2006?

Also you can cut them with a hacksaw and just use a hand file to tuch up the end so the screws start.

DistortedDesign
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Sorry I should have said that yes this is for a 2006 and I have the love joys and the anti backlash nuts as well. I just wasn't sure about the legnth of the y and the z. My dad has one of the big metal cutting saws but I just wanted to check with the experts on this so I don't mess up one of the screws.