PDA

View Full Version : New Video's

IHCNC
02-28-2009, 09:17 PM
Hi Folks;
Trying to find time to do all the things we would like to do on the new IH website is hard to come by. We did make some new video's though of some of the test programs we run on a new IH CNC Mill before shipping it out. Of course there are many more test and accuracy measurements, but we set the camera up to take a few and share them with you. Hope you enjoy and thanks for your continued support on the CNC Zone. Here is a quick link. http://www.ihcnc.com/pages/movies.php (http://www.ihcnc.com/pages/movies.php)

DSL PWR
02-28-2009, 09:40 PM
Nice job on the site.

LUCKY13
03-02-2009, 01:26 AM
That mill is doing some very nice work, down right impressive even. Great job ! If you don't mind me asking a few question, what RPM is that spindle running at in the face milling with the 1/2 end mill ? There was two vids showing this one at 85ipm maybe and then the next with three different ipm cuts (85,100 then a finish path I believe).

It seems like ( and vids can be misleading) the spindle is runnning somewhere around 3200RPM but it is hard to tell in videos about things like this.

Also what servo setup is the mills in the vids running?

Anyway that is some of the best cutting vids for a machine in this size that I have seen.

Jess

cncadmin
03-02-2009, 02:02 AM
Very nice site much better than the last one!

IHCNC
03-02-2009, 03:13 AM
Jess and Paul;
Thank you for the compliments. The mill is a Standard IH CNC Mill with the VFD option. The spindle is turning at 3628rpm actual, tested with our Ametek Digital Strobe. Just one of the test we do on every CNC mill we ship. We used a 1/2" 3 flute endmill by CID Performance Tooling, Saco, Maine as we did in the other video's and in general in our shop. The servos and settings are IH Standard CNC Mill, the same as on all our CNC's and V3.5 Conversions. Notice how quiet the new 12Z Head is. This was a 5 axis mill, but we didn't have time to do decent video's of the 2 axis rotary table in action. The mill we are building now is also 5 axis, but we will find time to video it doing some neat 3D machining.
Again thanks

pete from TN
03-08-2009, 06:38 PM
I am very impressed with these videos you posted on the website. I cannot believe the speed and finish you are able to get with that mill. You should be commended for your ideas and the system you are selling is about the best thing out there that is in a reasonable price range for the HSM. That endmill is also very impressive, when I am watching that video I am almost fooled thinking it was a larger industrial VMC if I did not already know better. Seriously impressive feeds and speeds with that machine. As you know I am converting my Lathemaster milling machine and while I was not able to afford your kit for this conversion I just wanted to thank you for your website and your inspiration that the machine gives me. I recently bought a knee mill and after watching these videos I am thinking about selling it and trying to get one of your mills instead. The travels your mill has are what is really impressive. 12.5 inches in the Y is just amazing for a machine of that size and it sure as hell is rigid enough to use it apparently. Great job, great machine and again thanks for your contribution to guys like me that wish they had been born a machinist and now are trying to find their way to valhalla in their garage. Peace