PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! fanuc / mazac programing courses?

slidingheadfred
02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
Heres the rub, have been laid off due to the current eccanomic circumstances, and have found that i seem to have backed myself into a corner as far as finding a new job is concerned.
I have experiance of citizen L series slidinghead machines (Programing, Set & Opperating) L16, 20, 25 & 32 (With c axis) and Tornos Deco 20mm dia (Again Prog, Set & Opp) not sure if it has c axis option or not never got chance to find out.

The main crux of the issue is about 99% of advertised jobs i have found ask for either Fanuc or Mazak programing experiance, are they really that much different?

Could someone out there Possibly show me perhaps part of an L25 Program and Then the same part in Fanuc or Mazac?

Also any examples of C axis programing on the citizens & tornos machines would be helpful, as i have only used it for crossholes on the Citizen machines and havent used it at all on the Tornos.

I know this is a lot to ask but any help would be very much appreciated.

Also are there any schools in the essex area that run a cnc/fanuc programing course?

thanks guys.
fred.:drowning:

billcain
03-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Hi Fred,

There are many similarities between the Mitsubishi Citizen and Fanuc controls. You should have no problem with the Differances. As for Mazak, it depends on how they program them. Mazatrol Programming is conversational style but the EIA programming is again similar to Fanuc style.

Bill Cain
www.partmaker.com

slidingheadfred
03-03-2009, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the info Bill it looks like i`ll just have to try and convince any prospective employer that the change from one to the other isnt that great, but for now they dont seem to be listening.:(

Thanks all the same,
fred:cheers:

billcain
03-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Hi Fred,
It does seem that employers like to have much more specific machine knowledge than they required years ago. You can also check the local Machine and Tool Dealers for Training that they might have for there machines. If you talk nicly enough, you might even get in free. In the end, it would help them as well if more people knew thier machines.

slidingheadfred
03-03-2009, 11:12 AM
Thanks again Bill, had`nt thaught about going to the local tooling/machine dealers about the training, but i guess i have nothing to lose by asking, and if i get it at a discount or free thats even better.