PDA

View Full Version : Workshop Remodeling

JFettig
12-18-2004, 07:21 PM
I finally got around to remodeling my workshop. It was my dads old workshop down in my basement. I really wish I had a before picture, especially with my insane mess.
I just finally got my work bench made, its 4'x8'x~33" tal
I just stuck my sheet of MDF ontop of the old plywood peice and its being all glued down, Using my last 3 boxes of steppers to hold it down along with my lathe and my mill controll box. I will have great plenty of room to convert my lathe and run it along with lots of other good stuff:)l

As you can see, theres not a whole lot of space in my shop, that and my work bench will be taking up a lot of it. It will go in the back right corner, lathe on the opposite end and I will be moving the mill over toward the center.

I supose I'll be posting pics as they come. too bad the liquid nails tube didnt say how long it takes to dry.

I got plenty of projects for Christmas break and 3 weeks of it! I hope to have my cnc lathe up and running, I have all the parts. I am also putting my new motors on my mill along with doubling the voltage of my controller. My goal for my mill is to hit 100ipm rapids safely or at least 80 and really tight gibs.

Jon

Ken_Shea
12-18-2004, 08:47 PM
Looks like you are getting a start Jon, a clean and nicely organized workshop is a joy to work in, so I've been told :D

JFettig
12-18-2004, 09:19 PM
haha yeah, people may say that but noone really knows from experience;)

If anyone is wondering why the table legs are so funny looking, its because I use to skateboard and its actually a funbox on stilts;) I just left the old legs on because I woudl have to tear it completely apart to get them out.

I will probably put a shelf in there one day.

Jon