PDA

View Full Version : Dimensions for a Kelling 12.5A 48V power supply?

escott76
02-13-2009, 06:40 AM
I've got one on the way, and I'd like to go shopping this weekend for an enclosure for it and some other stuff. Anybody got a set of dimensions handy?

jalessi
02-13-2009, 07:26 AM
Eric,

I believe Mean Well power supplies are the same as what Keling sells.

See the attached PDF

Jeff...

Hirudin
02-13-2009, 10:57 AM
The one I got is 6.75" x 4.75" x 3.625". Those dimensions are the size of the box, the terminals stick out an additional half-inch or so making it roughly 7.25" long.

LUCKY13
02-13-2009, 05:36 PM
Dont forget you need room for air flow. IMHO you would be better off to wait on your enclosure purchase until you have all your system there so you can get a idea what you need. Of course good deals on boxes that would be over sized would not be a problem, but to small a box is a bad thing you want to try and avoid. You will be surprized at how much heat you will have to be dealing with. Put the machine in a hot closed shop and it gets worse.

Also these builds seem to take on a life of there own, before you know it there will be things you want to change, some expected and some not. Its best to leave youself a little growing room.

Jess

escott76
02-13-2009, 10:17 PM
Dont forget you need room for air flow. IMHO you would be better off to wait on your enclosure purchase until you have all your system there so you can get a idea what you need. Of course good deals on boxes that would be over sized would not be a problem, but to small a box is a bad thing you want to try and avoid. You will be surprized at how much heat you will have to be dealing with. Put the machine in a hot closed shop and it gets worse.

Also these builds seem to take on a life of there own, before you know it there will be things you want to change, some expected and some not. Its best to leave youself a little growing room.

Jess
Thanks, I've done just a bit of wiring before, I'm pretty anal about neat wiring with plenty of room. I've scratch built tube amps before, so heat handling and large power supplies are kind of easy :)
Good overall advice, but knowing the dimensions gives me an idea of what to pick up.

-edit spelling