PDA

View Full Version : CAD Files for Machine Design

Hack
12-12-2004, 11:06 AM
I am looking for some 2D and 3D Cad files to help with my machine design. I have already been to THK and Thompson and gotten some from thier sites but would like to have something less detailed than they give you and something with a little less file size to it.

I am looking for generic THK style linear mothion products (not necessarilly model specific) and ball screw files. Is there any other sites that you people know of that may have these files? I am using turbocad V8.2 Standard if that helps any.

Thank you.

noid
12-12-2004, 03:02 PM
What exact file types are you looking for? There are alot available on many websites. There are some at 3d content central but you need to register (for free) Or if you need just a simple cad profile to extrude into a 3d file I could help with that if you want (for free) :cheers:

Al_The_Man
12-12-2004, 03:07 PM
You can get several manufacturers at one shot with PartSpec from Thomas Register about eight CD's DXF, there is also Mitsumi (free DXF CD) and Reid Tool Supply catalogue on CD in DXF.
Al

noid
12-12-2004, 03:10 PM
Al you just reminded me that I have a set power parts cd's if you guys need some part files I'd be glad to help out.

JFettig
12-12-2004, 03:58 PM
If your looking for the thk rails, they do have cad drawings of them, I have shs that I have downlaoded and edited a bit (exploded them so I can slide the track)