PDA

View Full Version : rolling saw blades? how in the world....

DAB_Design
12-08-2004, 12:42 AM
Can anyone explain, or know a web site that has a couple of pictures, how to take a saw blade and 'roll' it up the way they come? I about lost a finger a bit ago trying to do it.

And is there a safe way to 'unroll' them?

InventIt
12-08-2004, 09:50 AM
Rolling them is simple.

Step on one end of the blade with your foot. Hold the other end with your right hand and twist your wrist clockwise as you lower the blade to your foot. It should roll into 3 loops.

I unroll them by throwing it on the ground. Probably not the best way. Keeps me from getting injured though.

HuFlungDung
12-08-2004, 10:30 AM
I don't know how Inventit does it with one hand :D

As he says, step on the lower part of the loop and hold it to the ground. The loop should be elliptically shaped, with the short axis being vertical. You should have hold of the loop with both hands, having them spread about shoulder width apart, and palms facing outwards. Then, with a twisting of both hands and arms simultaneously, bring the ends of the long axis of the ellipse towards the center, ultimately ending with your palms facing you. The twisting motion of your hands will be clockwise for the left, and counterclockwise for the right.

DAB_Design
12-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Wow. That's surprisingly simple. I actually did it with just my left hand (I'm right handed)...go figure.

HuFlungDung, not sure if it matters, but the blades are only 64.5" long. Not too long. We have some blades at work that would be a bit harder :).

InventIt, throwing them on the ground might not be the best way, but it sounds like the safest.

Gloves? Who needs em? hehe Now where is the :missing finger: smiley?