PDA

View Full Version : Which CAM software

CNC-Hammer
01-17-2009, 03:20 AM
To all you guys that use CAM software to program your sliding head machines. Which product do you prefer to use? third party or otherwise.

BYTHEBOOKBOB
01-17-2009, 07:01 PM
We use win CNC from Citizen as well as Partmaker. Win CNC is economical and generates all of the preparatory code needed for a program on our Citizen, we use it as our editor almost exclusively. We initially purchased Gibbs MTM but that was a $12,000 disaster. Looked at Esprit but the folks there were not too interested in dealing with us. We finally settled on Partmaker and have had fairly good success with it. As each swiss lathe has subtle differences, the code generated by the posts almost always need editing but I can't imagine writing the code for these machines entirely by hand. Partmaker routinely calls us to check in and see if we need anything, something none of the other cam makers have done. Whatever system you settle upon, don't skimp on taking the time to get training, no matter how disruptive it seems to be.

billcain
01-20-2009, 10:16 PM
Hello, Not sure who you are, but I would be happy to help you stop editing your Nc Code. Also, we now have our own forum at www.delcam.com you can also post at.

Bill Cain
www.partmaker.com

We use win CNC from Citizen as well as Partmaker. Win CNC is economical and generates all of the preparatory code needed for a program on our Citizen, we use it as our editor almost exclusively. We initially purchased Gibbs MTM but that was a $12,000 disaster. Looked at Esprit but the folks there were not too interested in dealing with us. We finally settled on Partmaker and have had fairly good success with it. As each swiss lathe has subtle differences, the code generated by the posts almost always need editing but I can't imagine writing the code for these machines entirely by hand. Partmaker routinely calls us to check in and see if we need anything, something none of the other cam makers have done. Whatever system you settle upon, don't skimp on taking the time to get training, no matter how disruptive it seems to be.

Koalas
02-13-2009, 05:12 AM
Hi,

You should try SylvieXpert. A new product made of Swizerland and especially designed for Swiss Type machines.
I'm using it every day on Citizen C16 and I'm really saticfy about the code. Even if the postpro is really young.

http://www.jurasoftswiss.com/en/

Good luck

CNC-Hammer
02-13-2009, 05:38 PM
but I can't imagine writing the code for these machines entirely by hand.

You'd be surprised what one can do. I've written a few programs manually as have a couple of the other guys I used to work with. This was for an M20 but saying that the programs were fairly linear. As long as all the syncronisation codes lined up we didn't have too much trouble cut and pasting what was written.

Caravera
02-15-2009, 06:02 AM
We use partmaker for our Citizens.
We had some start up problems but after i changed the post's a lttle it works very good.
About 90% of the program's made run without any editing.
The other 10% consist's mainly of part's that involve someting we never done before on our swiss machine's.

CNC-Hammer
02-15-2009, 06:22 AM
Hi,

You should try SylvieXpert. A new product made of Swizerland and especially designed for Swiss Type machines.
I'm using it every day on Citizen C16 and I'm really saticfy about the code. Even if the postpro is really young.

http://www.jurasoftswiss.com/en/

Good luck

This looked quite impressive from the demo, would love to have hands on experience with it.