PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Possible Vista problems

cindy2
01-07-2009, 01:54 PM
Hi,
I have tried for last 2 days to fix a problem I have been having, since buying a new computer.

First off , I have a TNC 2500B controller. Everything worked fine on old computer ( using XP ), Block transfers ect,

Just bought new PC with Windows vista, now even though I have kept same settings for com ports, baud rates, parity, when the CNC controller is full, the pc stops sending for a few lines, then starts again in full flow, obviously floodin the cnc controller, and I get error message Wrong program data, which I presume is to the fact the pc is still feeding information after the blocks are completely full.
I have tried shutting off the FIFO buffer , but nothing seems to work.
Has anyone got any ideas???

Many Thanks

LUCKY13
01-08-2009, 07:27 PM
Just for the heck of it, how much memory you running with Vista ?

It may not have anything to do with it but Vista really needs lots of memory, in fact I would say no less than 2gig of mem just to get by on. Most of your store bought computers will come with very little memory and if thats the way yours came I would add more.

But more than likely (all though it needs the memory) its probably a driver problem. You might also be sure and go to Windows update and doing all the updates that are available. Check all your hardware drivers after updating and it migh tjust fix it. Of course there needs to be a Vista driver for the CNC controller your using before its going to work right. So that might be something else to look into.

Jess

cindy2
01-09-2009, 05:32 AM
Thanks . tried all that, had both machines running side by side to check settings, they are both the same...
Thinking of down grading to XP now as , as far as I think of all other options have been covered

Thanks for your reply though