PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Determine and set MU400VA pivot points

garnetram
01-05-2009, 12:26 PM
Does any one have knowledge in determining machine pivot points and how to properly set them in the control? Locating any support for our MU400VA's seems to be impossible! Any help would be greatly appreciated!:rainfro:

budgieW
01-06-2009, 02:48 AM
Yes there is a procedure in the Okuma Fixture offset manual (ME61-083-R?) it is also located on your user CD

Do you need to adjust this for Fixture offset Function - CALLOO88 or Tool centre point control G169?

Superman
01-07-2009, 01:40 AM
We also have the same machine and found that the actual swing point may float depending upon time of day, temp, etc.

We utilise a program to use the autoprobe and a tooling gaugeball to check various spacial points to set the actual swing point.

NOTE! any part programmed around this swing point will need reposting-if the swing point is altered, and any repeat part has to be placed in the exact position.

To overcome this problem, we have a macro that uses a version of the Fixture Offset Function "CALL OO88" to redefine the toolplane and origin, and we can progarm to "top centre of stock" and can then place the part anywhere on or over the table (within reason,of course )

budgieW
01-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Superman,

Is your machine in a controlled environment?
Where did you get the tooling ball macro gauging program?

Superman
01-07-2009, 06:03 PM
Hi budgieW,
No, we are not in a controlled enviro,

Have attached a .zip file with hopefully all the files we do use
hope you an make sense of them
have also butchered a program to show how it is used ( sorry , I have to keep some info back, may have given too much as it is. )

BTW which NSW area are you in ?

budgieW
01-08-2009, 12:06 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the files, They make perfect sense to me, I will give it a try and see what happens.

I am in Sydney

Radian_MH
12-10-2012, 11:35 AM
How would I set the pivot distance manually using the probe? Or can you give me a macro that does it?

budgieW
12-10-2012, 04:41 PM
You need to use a tooling ball. There is a Macro to do this but I do not think that it is free