PDA

View Full Version : Newbie IGF tool Quadrants for Okuma lathe

cinci5
01-01-2009, 03:14 PM
what are the 1,2,3,4 tool nose quadrants for the IGF controls for instance #1 quadrant is it for Boring (not in front of control till Monday so be gental). Just started a new job and used to Haas, Mori's etc. dont know IGF at all.:wave:

muddobber76
01-01-2009, 06:26 PM
If I understand your question correctly you are asking for the tool nose radius position. Okuma's is the same as most others for this has been standard for some time. A #3 would be for o.d. turning on the main spindle. #2 would be for i.d. turning-boring. #0 for drilling-milling etc. There should be a graphic description of this in the Operations or IGF program manuals.

muddobber76
01-01-2009, 06:39 PM
What year is the OKUMA? I think you will find that the Okuma IGF is pretty good and powerful even on the early models from the '80s. For basic and complex turning,drilling,boring,grooving it'll do it all. Copy,paste is pretty easily done. It converts the IGF program to a g-code program and edits can be performed on either file. Most operations are output as canned cycles. I ran an LB-15, LB-25 for years and liked the machines. We still have a couple of 'em around at the shop.

cinci5
01-01-2009, 08:45 PM
its a E- series 2003 http://flashflomfg.com/images/large/turning-outside.jpg
This is the exact machine I run. I have tried to look at the manuals but there must be 20 differant books in no particular order laying around (typical job shop). I am trying to do my best but am having issues programing with IGF confusing as hell. The last job I just G-coded and gave up on the IGF.

budgieW
01-06-2009, 02:54 AM
Are you trying to use One touch or two touch in IGF? There are some good examples in the Manuals

vramz92
11-28-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm running a 2006 E-Series with one touch IGF and it seems pretty simple to me, try looking for some basic training on youtube.(wedge)

fordav11
11-29-2012, 02:37 AM
last post was over 3 years ago. The OP would have figured it out by now.....

vramz92
12-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Ok? You must not have a very interesting life if you felt it neccasary to point it out, but thats ok buddy, you go ahead, (some people, right?)

#littletouchofautism ;)

fordav11
12-07-2012, 07:59 PM
That's really funny coming from someone with 3 posts to his name. Made my day.
In future you should consider reading someone's profile before commenting on their abilities.
Oh, and I look at the date of a post before replying.....

vramz92
12-11-2012, 01:15 PM
Oh wow my bad i didnt know you have to have alot of posts on a forum site in order to be experienced in this field, must of skipped past it while going over my machinist rulebook, and while your busy bragging about how many posts you post per day or whatever just remember im sittin over here still thinkin your a douche ;), ( its like racing in the special olympics, even though you won, youre still retarded!)