PDA

View Full Version : ANY IDEAS FOR GRAPHITE FILTERING SYSTEM?

hdjeffrey
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I've been cutting alot of big electrodes and starting to think about making a home made filtration system made of pvc and shop vac. any ideas??

plastibob
12-30-2008, 08:23 AM
I used a wood working working dust collector for the motor and stand and made an adapter plate for pvc pipe. I vented it out side to catch box/flter. It worked the only problem is that it pushed so much air in the winter I would suck all the heat out. The box got pretty messy but collected most of the graphite. If i had to do it again I would have regulated the air flow.

plastibob
12-30-2008, 08:25 AM
I made a mistake, if I had to do it over again I would make copper electrodes or buy a torrit system.

PinnacleMachine
01-05-2009, 03:03 PM
I found a torrit system on ebay for $1500. Before that I was using a couple of shopvacs with gyproc filterbags in them. The only bad thing with the shop vacs is that I had to leave the mill door open.

CMB
03-07-2010, 06:35 PM
I found a torrit system on ebay for $1500. Before that I was using a couple of shopvacs with gyproc filterbags in them. The only bad thing with the shop vacs is that I had to leave the mill door open.

Yeah a small Torit system is the way to go. Not only for the cleanliness but safety to your health of breathing the carbon dust or copper.

CMB
03-07-2010, 06:37 PM
I've been cutting alot of big electrodes and starting to think about making a home made filtration system made of pvc and shop vac. any ideas??

Did you end up making this system? Have pictures?