PDA

View Full Version : Spindle on off control help needed please

foamcutter
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Well I'm usually pretty good at figuring out things but I'm having a senior moment. I have a small router, hobby cnc control card, Mach 3. All I want to do is control the spindle on and off along with dust control at the same time using the M codes. I need some type of relay to connect to the control card.The problem is I can't seem to get it straight in my head just what I need and how to do this. You would think I could get this after completely building the router from scratch, assembling the control card and settng it all up .......but Duh!!!! can someone please send me down the right path? Thanks so very much. Ron

Al_The_Man
12-29-2008, 07:16 PM
See if this helps.
http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64477&highlight=2n7000
Al.

foamcutter
12-29-2008, 07:39 PM
Thanks AL,
That did indeed help. Just ordered two of the relays from the supplier. Some times it's the simple things that trip us up. Thanks again. Ron

foamcutter
01-02-2009, 07:02 PM
Hi,
I'm back again. I have the relay like Leeway posted in the post you directed me to Al. I have connected it to pin 14 and ground (pins18-25) on my BOB. I get 4.46 volts when triggered with M3 across the pins when not connected to the relay, but when I connect to the relay it drops to 1.46volts. The relay won't trigger. The pin connection on my board for pin 14 comes straight from the computer, my board does nothing to it except give me a place to hook to it. Do I need a pullup resistor here somewhere and if so where? Or am I doing something else wrong. Thanks for the help. Ron

Al_The_Man
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
Have you hooked the SSR up to pin 14 or are you using a buffer?
Personally I would use a 2n7000 to buffer the port if you have not already.
Al.

foamcutter
01-02-2009, 09:53 PM
Al,
Hooked up directly to pin 14. From you post I assume I should be using a 2n7000 to buffer? Where might I order these little jewels from? Thanks very much for your patience and help. Ron

Al_The_Man
01-03-2009, 12:08 AM
DigiKey about 30ยข
Al.