PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! Post help for Mori NL2500 lathe/mill

frogier
11-19-2008, 11:37 AM
I have a problem with my mpost for a Mori-Seiki NL2500S. right now I have 4 different posts for the milling ops for this machine (1. face 2. 90deg. 3. sub spindle and 4. c-axsis) Right now I am having a problem with the 90deg post. This post is for preforming a milling op 90 degrees from the face of the part. I drew a box on the part that I want to pocket. I ran verify and everything looked good. When I post it, the tool path finished on the out side edges of the box and also conventional mills instead of climb mills. Does anyone have any experience with a mori turn/mill post?

sinderal
11-21-2008, 12:47 PM
Since you are using MPost for the machine. Please visit
http://www.postprocessor.com/

Some of Surfcam users contact Surfware and bought the SPost post for that Machine and work fine!

KLUCAS4
12-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Even though the verify might not look right doesnt meen the prg. is not right. I have in the past verified prg. that were conventional milled that did not verify right but were actually right. Just an option post the programs and cut some air if you have to. This was an old issue with 2001 Surfcam.

PinnacleMachine
12-02-2008, 12:50 PM
Surfware should provide you with a Mpost for free or modify one for you. Or you can purchase a custom Spost for your machine. I'd recommend going with a Spost as it will be more reliable and more powerful.

CNCRim
12-03-2008, 01:06 AM
Transform the coordinate in the post X to Y, Y to Z........ if u need to 100% the way u want it, Surfcam will modified one for you at $2200 the last time I asked.