PDA

View Full Version : Need Help! osp7000m mx60 hb coolant problems

sleter
11-12-2008, 09:58 AM
having problem with machine turn the coolant on and is turns it self off right away. can press the button and it works only as long as you hold the button on. any help would be greatly appericated.

littlerob
11-12-2008, 04:52 PM
It sounds like physical electric connectivity to me, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't stay on without holding the button down. Sorry I know that isn't much help, probably a switch in the pump itself. When you push the button and let go, does the light at the control stay on?

sleter
11-13-2008, 08:17 AM
It sounds like physical electric connectivity to me, I don't see any reason why it wouldn't stay on without holding the button down. Sorry I know that isn't much help, probably a switch in the pump itself. When you push the button and let go, does the light at the control stay on?

thank you littlerob!
the problem is not just the jet coolant ,but also the spindle thru coolant and the chip wash too.the okuma servce was here yesterday ,didn't find nothing.when i release the button the light turn off

littlerob
11-13-2008, 10:07 AM
Yeah I would look at the input signals and see what they are doing if they are staying high or not it could be the buttons are worn out but I don't think so cause it works when you hold it down
Thank you,

This is the reply I got from my Okuma guy (very bright) when I emailed him about your problem. Hope it helps. Robert

sleter
11-13-2008, 10:23 AM
Yeah I would look at the input signals and see what they are doing if they are staying high or not it could be the buttons are worn out but I don't think so cause it works when you hold it down
Thank you,
Sam Westergard
Hartwig Inc.

This is the reply I got from my Okuma guy (very bright) when I emailed him about your problem. Hope it helps. Robert

Thank you ROBERT!
Kalman Kiss

M W Mayville
12-22-2008, 03:18 PM
Operator door must be closed for all forms conditions of coolant to stay on.

--- Great Lakes CNC ---

Superman
12-22-2008, 08:18 PM
Check the float levels in thru spindle coolant filter, filters may be full or old and backing up into float area
may also be gunk on the stems that the floats slide up/down on