PDA

View Full Version : Need Help - Tree Joureyman 325

jerrynewman
11-11-2008, 01:04 PM
I need help with a Tree Joureyman 325 CNC Mill with Dynapath Delta 20 control. Once re-installed the machine powered up correctly. While the operater was setting Machine References, the overtravel safety switch (Y-Axis) was tripped. This caused the machine to shut down. We have not been able to get the macine to fully power up since. The main power switch powers up everything except the Dynapath CNC control and the control panel/display.

Golfvergnugen
11-15-2008, 06:58 PM
I’m not familiar with the Journeyman but do have a VMC1050 w/Delta 20.

Is the table still sitting on the Y limit switch? If so you may need to manually turn the ballscrew until the trip lever is off the switch. On the 1050 there is a keyhole in which to put an extended socket through.

If you’ve already done that then I recommend checking all of the wires on the circuit board and drives by gently tugging on each one. We managed to get it going every time like this, but have yet been able to specifically identify the culprit.

Be really carful as there is residual power in the system after the machine is powered off. Give it a few minutes to de-energize.

ammach
01-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Hi ,

just wondering how you made out with the machine issue. I have the same machine and issues. I have to pull the PIC board and the Procesor board out each time to reset. Is your problem solved?

Tony
A & M Machine
Middletown DE

ions82
01-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I have an old pre-Delta Dynapath control on my Tree. With mine, I jog X, Y, & Z so that they are close to the limits. X is close to the left limit (negative plane). Y is out (also negative plane). Z is positive (quill only out about 1/2"). Then, I switch it to Reference mode and send each axis to it's limit switch. Moving the jog switch will keep the axis moving automatically until it hits a limit switch. After that, it's ready for all other settings. Do the Delta controls have a similar process?

Anyway, I wish I could offer more help. I am still trying to figure out how the REST of my control works. I can get it running and initialized, but I haven't figured out how to do anything beyond that.

TurtleRacing
02-02-2009, 06:18 AM
I had this happen the other day, I rolled the Y off the switch and it still wouldn't fire up. Reach down there and manually trip the Y limit switch a couple times, it was sticking. Give it a try if you haven't, sometimes it's the simple stuff.